Key bindings

xCayk x

Jun 5, 2024, 7:29:30 PMJun 5
to Input Director
I'm using Mirror input mode trying to disable the Esc key on the target system

I've tried using a keybind to map Esc on the host PC to a random key on the target system - and this works, but it means I can't use the Esc key on the host PC at all

Is there a workaround for this?

BJ Hoffstadt

Jun 6, 2024, 1:03:34 PMJun 6
to Input Director
There are a large number of ways to remap or disable a key. AutoHotKey can do it with a small executable and one-line text script that can actually disable the key, while Microsoft PowerToys has Keyboard Manager that can remap it, and there are ways to modify the windows registry to at at least that, if not both. You can find info on all this via web search... or just "windows how do I block a key"

Shane

Jun 19, 2024, 7:31:17 PMJun 19
to Input Director
Hi,

The source key and target key don't have to be the same - You can always remap another key on your keyboard to the escape key on the target system.

Regs,

Shane.