Custom function keys for Logitech keyboard not working for client system

Han Keong

Sep 26, 2022, 5:38:52 PM9/26/22
to Input Director
Hi Shane,

I use a Logitech MX Keys Mini keyboard, and its function keys are customizable using the Logi Options+ application. I have configured the F4 and F5 keys to brightness up and down respectively. However, when I try to use these keys on a client system , the director system changes brightness instead of the client. What could be the problem here?

Han Keong

Shane

Sep 26, 2022, 8:02:55 PM9/26/22
to Input Director
Hi,

There aren't standardised keys (unlike volume up/down) to control brightness. I'd say the that logitech is doing this is by monitoring the keystrokes on the Director system and if they're F4/F5, driving the Windows API to change the monitor brightness.

Regs,

Shane.

Han Keong

Sep 26, 2022, 10:12:15 PM9/26/22
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shane,

I get your point, but at the same time, other keyboard functions such as Dictation and Emoji Keyboard built into the keyboard are successfully sent to the client system. However, the moment those function keys are reprogrammed using Logi Options+, it doesn’t work anymore. My guess is that the built-in keys use a different Windows API that somehow “works” with Input Director?

Regards,
Han Keong

Sep 27, 2022, 3:42:28 AM9/27/22
to Input Director
Hi,

One setting change that might help:
1. Open Input Director on your Director system
2. Switch to the “Director Preferences” tab
3. Scroll all the way down to the Advanced settings
4. Enable the option “Allow synthesised input”

Regs,

Shane.

Han Keong

Sep 27, 2022, 5:58:22 AM9/27/22
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shane,

I have enabled that option but it does not seem to be fixing the issue. Like you said earlier, perhaps Logi Options+ uses a different Windows API from the one Input Director hooks into?

As for me, I’ve found a workaround which is to set up a AutoHotKey script on the client system to increase/decrease the brightness when F4/F5 is pressed.  It works for me at least.

Thanks,
Han Keong

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 3:42:27 PM
To: Input Director <input-d...@googlegroups.com>

Gilbert Darrell

Nov 13, 2022, 5:48:30 PM11/13/22
to Input Director
I'm having a similar issue where macro assignment on a G910 keyboard doesnt work on the slave PC.

Text123456 is translated to "nm,./" on the slave PC.  It's quite odd.