Problem using keyboard on slave computer

Kshemi Fields

Jun 13, 2024, 6:54:45 PMJun 13
to Input Director
I just installed input director on both my personal and my work computer.  Before this, I'd been using mouse without borders, but my work switched out my computer and the mouse without borders wasn't working on the windows 11 computer.  So, here I am.

Input director seems to be working fine, well mostly.

I have my personal computer as the master and my work computer as the slave as the personal computer will be turned on all the time and the work computer isn't always on.

Using the cursor between the two computers is working seamlessly all the time.

Using the keyboard is um, not working seamlessly.
If I haven't used the keyboard on the slave computer in awhile, when i go to use the keyboard it will type gibberish instead of what I want to type.  If I delete and try again, it gives me different gibberish.  In other words it isn't even mapping "a" to "f", it seems very random.

If I then go back to the master computer and just bring up the input director window (I don't need to do anything with it, just display it) (it can already be open on the master, but I still have to display it), then I can go back to the slave computer and type and it will be typing exactly what I'm typing.

PLEASE HELP!!
Anyone have any ideas?
I have to keep re-displaying the input director window many times during the day.

Shane

Jun 19, 2024, 7:29:44 PMJun 19
to Input Director
Hi,

I'm guessing that the eset security product is active on one or both of the computers. Have a look at this FAQ answer for the solution: https://www.inputdirector.com/faq.html#3_9.

Regs,

Shane.

Kshemi Fields

Jun 19, 2024, 8:15:32 PMJun 19
to Input Director
You are correct!  I do use eset!
Thank you!
I will try this tonight!

        Kshemi

Thomas Donino

Jun 20, 2024, 8:38:31 AM (14 days ago) Jun 20
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I do not use the eset security product

Thomas Donino
Managing Partner
BATL Group
Tel: (914) 509-5124
Mobile: (914) 826-0061
Email: batlman...@gmail.com
Website: www.batl-group.com
Address: 440 Via Del Orso Dr Jupiter, FL 33477