Text strings from Stream Deck or mouse

John Herr

Nov 29, 2022, 5:57:03 PM11/29/22
to Input Director
I'm using an Elgato Stream Deck and Razor mouse. Everything I've tried works fine across all the PCs I'm controlling - except for text strings from the Stream Deck and mouse.

When I program a button to send a text string from the Stream Deck ("text action") or mouse ("text function") it only works properly on host computer.

On the client computers, it is as if the characters are getting remapped somehow. For example, text string "abcdEFGH1234!@#$" shows up as "nm,.fhj" on client computers.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Shane

Dec 1, 2022, 5:27:44 PM12/1/22
to Input Director
Hi,

Whether this will work will depend upon how the Stream Deck is injecting the text strings into Windows.

Try changing this setting:
1. Open Input Director on your Director
2. Switch to the "Director Preferences"
3. Scroll all the way down to the Advanced settings.
4. Enable the option "Allow synthesised input".

Regs,

Shane.