Client hotkey sometimes doesn't work

Ram Rachum

May 1, 2023, 1:47:36 PM5/1/23
to Input Director
Hi,

This is a problem that I've been seeing for around a decade. In the last week, for some reason, I've seen it happen a lot.

Sometimes I'm on the master system, and the client hotkey doesn't work. Never mind how many times I press it, focus won't go to the client. When I move the mouse manually to the client, focus does go there. And if I go back to the master, the hotkey works again. But I have to touch the mouse, which is something I want to not do.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Ram.

Shane

May 2, 2023, 11:44:20 PM5/2/23
to Input Director
Hi Ram,

That sounds like it might be a stuck key issue.

Try changing this setting:

1. Open Input Director on your Director system
2. Switch to the "Director Preferences" tab
3. Scroll all the way down to the Advanced settings
4. Enable the option "Allow synthesised input"

If that doesn't help, please contact me.

Regs,

Shane.

Ram Rachum

May 3, 2023, 8:49:16 AM5/3/23