Flurry of "Client Unresponsive" messages

Michael Brown

May 26, 2023, 5:17:06 AM5/26/23
to Input Director
I've been a happy user of InputDirector for years, but it's gotten weird in the last few days.

I'm on 2.1.3, Build 157.  Windows 11 director to Windows 10 client.

I'm getting dozens of "Client Unresponsive" popup messages a day.  They're all false positives because I can slide the mouse back over to the client with success immediately.

It doesn't happen just at director-to-client transition, but while I'm working on the client too.  This really disrupts my use because I'm in the middle of something, then I have to re-position the mouse back to where I was working on the client.

I've rebooted everything, checked the network and still getting the same result.

I see in the Settings that there are some options for notifications but none that will have less of an impact on me like maybe a short beep, ignore the perceived error and leave the mouse where it was.

I also suggest a 'debouncing' of these errors, say hardcode so there needs to be 5 in a row to determine a true error, or let the user enter their own value, which could alleviate the issue with a known slow client or overwhelmed network.

Thanks!

Shane

Jun 1, 2023, 12:55:36 AM6/1/23
to Input Director
Hi,

If anyone else is seeing the same increase in clipboard or client unresponsive messages and can help test a candidate fix, please contact me.

Thanks,

Shane.