PCs don't see each other over network

Martin Binet

Nov 13, 2021, 6:41:39 AM11/13/21
to Input Director
Hi,

I'm using a windows 10 PC as director for a windows 7 PC. They are on the same wifi network, but they don't see each other at all. I've tried with hostnames and ips, but it did not work. I've checked that network settings are public. I've selected the Preferred Network Interface as the common network for both.

What else could I do to try to fix it ?

Shane

Nov 22, 2021, 9:04:55 PM11/22/21
to Input Director
Hi Martin,

The other possibility is that a firewall (either running on the router between them or on one of the computers) or security application is blocking the traffic between them.
Input Director will add the required rules to the Windows F/W. If you are running a 3rd party f/w, the details on the rules that would need to be setup are here: http://www.inputdirector.com/faq.html#4_4.

Regs,

Shane.