Typing issue between master & slave - gibberish produced | Windows 11 & Windows 10

Ryan Elger

Mar 27, 2022, 7:09:49 PM3/27/22
to Input Director
Hi,

I'm having a really odd issue with typing on the slave PC from the master. It seems to work for a period and then for no apparent reason, anything typed on the slave is gibberish. I can hold down the A key and an apparently random string of letters and numbers will follow.

So far the only "fix" is to disable and then re-enable ID on the slave although I have noticed that the issues seems to be intermittent and sometimes resolves without further intervention. I have also tried the following:
  • Force using the master's keyboard layout
  • Uninstalled and then reinstalled.
I really quite like ID and would like to fix this if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Shane

Mar 27, 2022, 8:42:19 PM3/27/22
to Input Director
Hi Ryan,

Another user has had a similar issue. I'll send you an email - I'd love it if you could help narrow down the fault.

Thanks,

Shane.

Stacy S.

Jun 16, 2022, 6:29:54 PM6/16/22
to Input Director
I have been having this issue for quite some time now as well.  Has anyone found a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Stacy

Shane

Jun 16, 2022, 6:50:43 PM6/16/22
to Input Director
Hi Stacy,

No, not yet. Ryan helped me attempt to track it down, but I couldn't identify the issue. If you're able to help, I'd love to have another look at this problem. Please contact me if you can.

Thanks,

Shane.