Director Computer mouse stops working after shutting down client

Craig A

May 31, 2024, 3:41:47 AMMay 31
to Input Director
Hi,

I've been using MWB for a long time but I've recently been having too many issues and decided to jump ship over here. So far it's been amazing but I'm having 1 issue.

I'm using a the Logitech MX2 wireless mouse. When both the Director and client computer is on and logged in, it's works flawlessly but at the end of the day when I shut down the client computer, my mouse on the main system just completely stops working. If I plug in a cheapo wired dell mouse, that works fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here at all? I've had a gander through the settings but I can't see anything that ticked or unticked that should result in this.

Cheers

Steve Brook

Jun 1, 2024, 8:36:17 AMJun 1
to Input Director
Have you tried resetting or remove / replace the dongle for the Wireless Mouse?  Is your mouse using Bluetooth or 2.4ghz Wireless to connect

If your mouse starts working after removing / replacing the dongle, then the issue would seem to be that the master system is losing its mouse connection.  Plugging in a wired mouse at that point will be just like plugging in a new mouse, USB (presumably not serial) will find the mouse on the master system and implement it.

If resetting the wireless dongle makes no difference, then it would suggest some conflict between the mouse driver and I-D.

Someone else may have some suggestions for that issue, sorry I have no experience of that.

You see, I (almost) never use Wireless mice or keyboards.  Too insecure (Wireless signals are easily read) .  Too flaky, have always found them to drop out often, depending on the make though I do have one of those Logitech mice & KB in a box somewhere.  Too expensive on Batteries, batteries are not cheap in the UK.

Also crap for games, last thing you want when facing an enemy is to lose your KB or Mouse control :)