System did not respond, but works the other way

Nicolas Ferrari

May 20, 2023, 9:25:44 PM5/20/23
to Input Director
Hello !

I installed Input Director v2.1.3 on two computers:
- my MSI laptop using windows 10 (1 screen)
- my desktop computer also using windows 10 (3 screens)

Both have ethernet connection to the internet.
I want to use my laptop as SLAVE and my desktop as MASTER
I managed to make it work only once, every other time it says "System did not respond" when I try accessing or adding my laptop as slave.
Weird thing is : if I use my laptop as master and my desktop as slave, connection between the two computers works (but can't display cursor on desktop computer)

So the issue seems to be on my laptop...

I set the preferred network as suggested in the FAQs,
I checked the firewall rules for Input Director, allowed everything

Nothing seems to work...
Any ideas to make it work with my laptop as slave ?
(I can provide the configuration XMLs from desktop master and laptop slave)

Thank you :)

Shane

May 20, 2023, 9:27:57 PM5/20/23
to Input Director
Hi,

Email me the configuration XMLs and I'll see if I can help.

Regs,

Shane.

02c...@gmail.com

May 23, 2023, 4:01:41 PM5/23/23
to Input Director
Just a thought, but I have frequently seen input director stop working and it just need to be restarted on the computer that failed to respond. This happens from time to time, mostly when starting up the input director. If I delay the start of input director it helps, but not always. Not long after installing v2.1.3, this behavior exhibited itself on one of the 4 systems connected by input director.

So just try restarting ID and see if that helps.

Clifton