Its it possible to disable the return to master system when using a touch screen

Davide Onesti

May 8, 2024, 3:57:37 AMMay 8
to Input Director
Good morning
i am making some trials with latest version (2.2) and im getting this behavior:
in the master system there is an application that has some areas that, when ckicked, issue a key combination; such key combination is the one configured on input director to switch to a specific slave system.
This works fine with mouse but when connecting master to a touch monitor, a touch related feature implemented since rev 2.1 is making the control "jump" forth and back between slave and master system.

I am sure that this feauture has it good reason and utility but in my specific case, it's producing this strange behavior.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to disable it but without success, is there any chance to do it?
Thanks in advance

Shane

May 8, 2024, 11:55:21 PMMay 8
to Input Director
Hi,

There isn't a way of disabling it. It is designed to return the cursor to the Director system if the touch screen is activated. I can look at adding an option to disable this behaviour in v2.3.

Thanks,

Shane.

Davide Onesti

May 9, 2024, 2:32:32 AMMay 9
to Input Director
Hi Shane, thanks for the reply
any chance  to have it in beta for testing? it should be usefull for a presentation i am plaing like a proof of concept. currently i cannot use the touch capabilities
i tried to use also the version 2.0.1 which should not have this feature but, as a result, the touch commands were not transfered at all to the remote system.
Do you have any suggestion to work this problem around?

Thank you

Davide Onesti

May 14, 2024, 11:22:15 AMMay 14
to Input Director
Hi Shane, any feedback?
thanks

Shane

May 14, 2024, 6:48:45 PMMay 14
to Input Director
Hi,

I'll see what I can do, and will message you if I can work it into the beta.

Regs,

Shane.