Is there any way to make input director starts execution before login with user and password in Windows? Thanks

T T

May 10, 2024, 8:43:32 AMMay 10
to Input Director
Is there any way to make input director starts execution before login with user and password in Windows? I would like to turn on a computer B and be able to log in that computer B using the keyboard and mouse of another computer  A that is already on. Thanks

Steve Brook

May 11, 2024, 8:24:03 AMMay 11
to Input Director
Start input Director on the computer B, go to Global Preferences and tick the box "Run Input Director on startup" and make sure "On start" Input Director is enabled

Input Director.jpg

T T

May 12, 2024, 7:09:44 AMMay 12
to Input Director
Thanks, I just unmarked the "Run Input Director at start up.", closed the app, opened it up again, and marked it again and now it works. I am not sure whether this fixed it or whether it was already working before that. Anyway, thanks.

T T

May 17, 2024, 5:30:52 PMMay 17
to Input Director
The same thing happened again and "Run Input Director on startup" is checked. And "Input Director is Enabled" is selected in "On start". If I do not log in Windows 11 in the slave computer, it is not controllable. In Windows11 apps->Startup it also ON. Do you have any other suggestions? Something I have observed is that even after login Input director in the slave computer will not show its icon in the system tray of Windows 11. It works as slave but it is not there. I do not know whether this has anything to do with the issue I described.
Thanks

Steve Brook

Jun 1, 2024, 8:36:17 AMJun 1
to Input Director
Sorry TT I have nothing else on this as I don't have Windows 11 (and have no intention of getting it) :)

Tamilan

Jun 10, 2024, 5:03:11 AMJun 10
to Input Director
Even you enabled on the startup in Slave. It won't work without login in 1st time... Each and every time the Input Direct will work only login if you restarted..