FIFO OVERFLOW!!!

Keneth Rodriguez

Apr 27, 2015, 5:18:26 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
When trying to connect into the game, the console says "FIFO Overflow!" when connecting to the server, anyone knows what that means?

Sam Mete

Apr 27, 2015, 5:29:09 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
It means check your toilets.  Just kidding.  No idea.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Keneth Rodriguez <kene...@gmail.com> wrote:
When trying to connect into the game, the console says "FIFO Overflow!" when connecting to the server, anyone knows what that means?

Tom Frye

Apr 27, 2015, 5:55:17 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
In computer science, FIFO stands for "first in, first out" and refers to a stack (like a stack of dishes) as opposed to a queue (like a line to get into the theater).  FIFO Overflow means that there is a problem with some stack.  You were the first one in and the first one out.

I'm beginning to think that the INN Revival server is down for the count.

Apr 27, 2015, 8:48:50 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Essentially a memory error. FIFO is a way of managing data stored in an
array or queue (First In, First Out). Imagine you had 20 people in line.
The first person to enter the line will also be the first to be served.
Somehow 21+ have managed to get in line, and this has caused a riot. The
line is now all chaos. That's the problem.

--Chris

Jason Simmons

Apr 27, 2015, 8:50:50 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

you should buy the rights to INN and restore INN to its former glory.

I'm being serious.

If not  you, then someone who can afford to license it because that would be VERY cool.

INN could easily be reformatted to work on the internet, I think. :)

Keneth Rodriguez

Apr 27, 2015, 9:14:01 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com

Well thanks a lot for the lots of information into the subject, that could also mean that the server may be down for good regarding the topic of purchasing the rights, it has been discussed before but there is no way that is going to be possible since we do not know who own the rights and the managers for this server haven't checked this since forever, actually I feel a bit left over...

Jason Simmons

Apr 27, 2015, 9:18:19 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
​Kenneth,

I would suggest writing to the CEO of AOL.

Just explain to the CEO that out of curiosity you'd like to know who owns the licensing rights to INN.

There's nothing wrong with asking someone a question like that.

They're not going to think you're crazy for asking.

Just explain to them that there's a plethora of people who enjoyed using INN back in the 90's and that you'd like to know IF it's possible to know who owns the rights to INN.

The CEO will most likely give you an answer.

If you nor anyone else feels comfortable asking, then I don't mind asking.

Worse case scenario, the CEO will think I'm a total moron for asking, or they'll give me a great answer.

Let me know if you want me to write the AOL CEO and if you do, then I will immediately.

Just takes a stamp, envelope, and a well-written letter. :)

No big whoop.

Sincerely,

Jason Simmons

Jesse Cobra

Apr 27, 2015, 9:28:45 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone actually know the folks who ran the server last?

Jason Simmons

Apr 27, 2015, 9:31:53 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Hi INN people,

Just a quick note, I will write a letter to the AOL CEO and ask the CEO who owns the licensing rights to INN.

I'll explain to him that there are a plethora (i.e., many) people, who used to use INN and that it would be great if it could be reformatted to work online.

I will then mail said letter & give you an update when I actually hear from him.

I hope that will clear up any confusion as to the ownership status of INN.

Have a great night & happy gaming!

Jason Simmons

330.png

Keneth Rodriguez

Apr 27, 2015, 10:04:02 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com

Yeah i was gonna say that, sorry that my email notified me until now xD, but yeah if you can write a letter to him that would be awesome, also include that we are interested in purchasing the rights to own a server, maybe if they take the request seriously enough they may share some information as well :D

330.png

Jason Simmons

Apr 27, 2015, 10:10:45 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Kenneth,

That's okay, I just figured I'd tell that to everyone because some people are shy about writing companies, or may feel dumb for asking.

I don't mind asking anyone business questions since that's how we learn.

Plus, I think there's a strong likelihood I'll get an answer.

Usually I get replies from companies. There was ONLY one time I got a stupid answer from a company that really avoided my question. LOL

Aside from that, I typically have good successes with getting my business-related queries answered in a timely manner.

I'll write the letter tonight & mail it some time this week.

Then, I will give everyone an update because I'm anxious to know what the answer will be too. :)

Also I will be sure and ask the CEO about servers too.

Sincerely,

Jason Simmons
330.png

Keneth Rodriguez

Apr 27, 2015, 10:38:33 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com

Yes me too, I feel the anxiety to wait for the reply back, and I am not shy to write to a CEO is that I live in central america and it will be weird for me to write a CEO of a company that is not even here xD

330.png

Jason Simmons

Apr 27, 2015, 10:43:22 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com
oh yea, well, don't worry, I'll write that letter tonight & the minute I hear from him, then I will hurry up and post his answer, I promise, because I know everyone is wondering who owns the rights to INN.

Sincerely,

Jason Simmons
330.png

Keneth Rodriguez

Apr 27, 2015, 10:59:46 PM4/27/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com

☺☺☺😆😆😆😀😀😀

330.png

Richard Aronson

Apr 28, 2015, 1:01:20 AM4/28/15
to innre...@googlegroups.com

The biggest problem, as I see it, is that AOL seems to have farmed many of their games out to games.com.  None of the RPGs, though, as far as I can tell, nor bridge.