TIL There's an TSN/INN Revival

Lazarus C

Oct 28, 2017, 6:38:43 PM10/28/17
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
Hi,
 As my title suggests I came upon this board after playing some impromptu Yserbius on classicreload.com. Some clicking here and there eventually led me to Abandonia where there were some posters who talked about playing The Sierra Network/Imagination Network on modern days servers. When I was a child I was a player in the early days of TSN and stayed through (almost) the end of the INN era where IIRC the service officially shut down not long after. I was part of the community for about 2 or 3 years. Are there current servers for this? I looked through some of the other posts and it seems maybe something is in the works...? I'm also curious how long ago people were playing. Thanks for the info!

brokenmranch1

Oct 28, 2017, 6:56:53 PM10/28/17
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Server was backup for a while but it's been down for some time now

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

Andrew O

Oct 31, 2017, 8:43:04 AM10/31/17
to innre...@googlegroups.com
I found this revival in 2007.   I played about 2-3 years.  It went down for good around 2012 or so.  We have one person in this group who was running the server.  It has since crashed.  Ever so often the subject gets revived talking about getting it back up, and people have offered their skills/services to do it, but the source code and server are locked down behind one user of this group.

Woodrow Collins

 As my title suggests I came upon this board after playing some impromptu Yserbius on classicreload.com. Some clicking here and there eventually led me to Abandonia where there were some posters who talked about playing The Sierra Network/Imagination Network on modern days servers. When I was a child I was a player in the early days of TSN and stayed through (almost) the end of the INN era where IIRC the service officially shut down not long after. I was part of the community for about 2 or 3 years. Are there current servers for this? I looked through some of the other posts and it seems maybe something is in the works...? I'm also curious how long ago people were playing. Thanks for the info!

Jane Verzi - Prow

Jan 16, 2018, 1:09:28 PM1/16/18
to innre...@googlegroups.com
If anyone wants to play (as I have) offline, I have the zip files for 2.4 offline version.  It's no where near the same, but you can go in and relive the "old" days!  Just email me jane...@gmail.com and I'll get the files out to you via one of my clouds.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/innrevival.

Sincerely,

Jane Verzi-Prow

John Buying

Mar 16, 2018, 11:24:08 AM3/16/18
to innre...@googlegroups.com
I’ve just stumbled upon the my install disks. Good times

Jane Verzi - Prow

Mar 16, 2018, 4:22:37 PM3/16/18
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Do you need maps or anything?  I still have 'em :)

Sincerely,

Jane Verzi-Prow

Sincerely,

Jane Verzi-Prow

Michael Kramer

Mar 16, 2018, 4:26:05 PM3/16/18
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Maps are nice... if I ever get my offline version loaded that is

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Jane Verzi - Prow

Jane Verzi - Prow

Mar 16, 2018, 4:42:33 PM3/16/18
to innre...@googlegroups.com
You need DOSBOX.  Let me see if I still have the instructions for DOSBOX.  Meanwhile, DL the latest version and it might have the instructions.