The Shadow of Yserbius remake is up!

ZaneDubya

Apr 6, 2019, 12:54:06 PM4/6/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
Hey friends! I'm pleased to announce that my fan remake of The Shadow of Yserbius is ready to play!

You can download the client, which runs on Windows and MacOS, from https://www.medievalands.com.

This is a multiplayer game, so I'm looking forward to seeing you all on-line!
55649703_10211267634566860_1304977490212552704_n.jpg

Jane Verzi - Prow

Apr 6, 2019, 4:29:45 PM4/6/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
C'ya soon!  (Kitty/Ehlana/Slavegirl) THANK YOU! :)

Sincerely,

Jane Verzi-Prow

Felinius Tigerclaw

Apr 8, 2019, 11:42:17 AM4/8/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
Just spent a good part of the morning playing, I’m Felinius on there. This brings back so many great memories!

Slowly learning how to get around again, and to communicate properly (I was a solo player originally)

I do have a question, and kinda dumb one at that... how do we tell the stats on a weapon?

Zane Wagner

Apr 8, 2019, 11:45:59 AM4/8/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Glad you're enjoying it! The only way to see item benefits is to look at your character sheet - your item benefits will show up on the right side of the "Stats" part of the sheet. It would be nice if there were item tooltips - that's on my to-do list.

Felinius Tigerclaw

Apr 8, 2019, 1:42:07 PM4/8/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
That’d be awesome! Thanks for the hard work, and maybe one day we’ll see some more of INN back ;)

Jane Verzi - Prow

Apr 8, 2019, 2:32:05 PM4/8/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Come back and play Felinius! %  I'm in with another ex-inner! :)

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 10:42 AM Felinius Tigerclaw <felinius....@gmail.com> wrote:
That’d be awesome! Thanks for the hard work, and maybe one day we’ll see some more of INN back ;)

Tom Frye

Apr 9, 2019, 5:58:31 AM4/9/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project, ZaneDubya
Wow ZaneDubya!

This is pretty amazing!  Thank you for doing this!  I was pretty sure that nobody would bother to resurrect TSOY again, but this just proves that some of us will be in love with it forever.

So... I decided to share my 2010 remake of Sue Medley's 1994-1995 Walkthrough of TSOY.  Yes, it was written in XHTML long before I had any real web design experience, so it is rather primitive.  But there is lots of great information here.  So anybody who is completely stuck and can't remember how to do this after 25 years might be able to find the answers buried in this website: https://the-shadow-of-yserbius.netlify.com/

Anyway, thanks again for resurrecting perhaps my favorite RPG game of all time.  And hopefully I'll remember how to chat again when I see you in the 'cano.

Tom Frye
(a.k.a. 'Bhadra' for now)

Thomas Williams

Apr 9, 2019, 7:36:09 AM4/9/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com, ZaneDubya
Wow is right. I was in a while for the first time yesterday and went through Soldiers Quarters and with Kitty in the Mines. Thanks Kitty!!! :o)
I am remembering some things but I like finding out and remembering the halls of the dungeon. I saw Sue's walkthrough yesterday too and thanks for putting this out there Tom.
I now got to remember my log in password :o(  The server was down or my connection wouldn't connect or something but once it came back up, I realized I didn't remember my password... argh!
Anyway, Thanks for all everyone is doing to keep it alive!

Tom Williams aka Wert.

William Howard

May 17, 2019, 11:30:26 AM5/17/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Very cool, I showed my family the volcano for the first time last night.  Very impressive

Will

William Howard

May 18, 2019, 10:56:16 PM5/18/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Hey ZaneDubya, can you let 3 people play with the same IP?  My wife and I want to play with my daughter

Will

William Howard

May 18, 2019, 10:58:34 PM5/18/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Zane Dub, we are loving it.  My whole family are rocking the volcano...of course my wife cant play because of the IP problem, but my daughter is really getting into the sword and sorcery

Revenge

May 19, 2019, 12:10:19 PM5/19/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
Multi playing from the same ip is allowed.

Zane Wagner

May 19, 2019, 12:18:51 PM5/19/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Will - I'll reach out to you directly. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

All my best,

Zane