input to consultation of UN Expert Group on SD Financing

Miroslav Polzer, IAAI Klagenfurt

Nov 14, 2013, 1:25:23 AM11/14/13
to innovat...@googlegroups.com, rio1...@googlegroups.com, Rio+20 GYMC Klagenfurt Team

Dear members of Rio+20 Issues Cluster on Innovation,

Dear Rio+20 Global Youth Music Contest cooperation partners,

Dear friends,

I hope life treats You well and that You are doing well in building “The Future We Want”! J

I am writing to You today to ask You for feed-back and input to a stakeholder position paper that I am planning to submit to an Public Consultation of “Intergovernmental Committee of Experts on Sustainable Development Financinghttp://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?menu=1558&go=1#inputs (see more info in the box below) in the context of our 15/15/15 UN Civil Society Resource Mobilization Partnership http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?page=view&type=1006&menu=1348&nr=88

here is the link to a draft version on dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44161298/SD_FinancingExpertCommittee_Cluster%201_StakeholderInput_IAAI_13Nov2013.docx

deadline for submission is tomorrow – therefore I would kindly ask You to submit Your input by noon GMT tomorrow, if possible. Your input will be acknowledged properly in the document!

Please be informed that at IAAI we have also submitted a side event proposal to 6th session of UN GA Open Working Group on SDGs http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?menu=1678 for 10th December 2013 in NY. Here the link to the side event proposal https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44161298/SideEvenrtRequestForm_6thSessionofSDGsOWG_December2013_IAAI_vers4November_.pdf

We will be informed tomorrow whether the proposal has been accepted or not. Please send me an email if You would be interested to provide input at the side event if it will be approved.

Thanks in advance for Your collaboration.

Kind regards

miro

Public call for inputs:

Open, written contributions on substantive themes explored by the Committee will be called for periodically, as the work of the ICESDF progresses.

Invitation to stakeholders to contribute inputs to the work of Cluster 1

During its first session in August 2013 the Intergovernmental Committee of Experts on Sustainable Development Financing agreed to organise its work in the following three thematic clusters, facilitated by Committee members:

·                  Cluster 1: Assessing financing needs, mapping of current flows and emerging trends, and the impact of domestic and international environments (facilitated by Mr. Reginald Darius, Saint Lucia, and Ms. Liz Ditchburn, UK);

·                  Cluster 2: Mobilisation of resources and their effective use (facilitated by Mr. Nathan Dal Bon, Australia; Mr. Francisco Gaetani, Brazil; Mr. Zou Ji, China; Mr. Norbert Kloppenburg, Germany; and Mr. Joseph Enyimu, Uganda);

·                  Cluster 3: Institutional arrangements, policy coherence, synergies and governance Issues (facilitated by Mr. André Lohayo Djamba, Democratic Republic of the Congo; Mr. Tonis Saar, Estonia; and Mr. Amjad Mahmood, Pakistan).

Interested stakeholders can post their contribution by signing in to this website and add contributions under relevant Clusters. Please sign in on the right side of this page. If you do not have an account, please contact us at d...@un.org, clearly indicating your full name and the name of the organization which you represent.

Cluster 1

The Co-Facilitators of Cluster 1, Reginald Darius (St. Lucia) and Liz Ditchburn (United Kingdom) are inviting inputs from all interested stakeholders on the following two questions to inform the work on cluster 1, before 15 November, 2013:

1) What is your assessment of the effectiveness, consistency and synergies of current flows and instruments for financing sustainable development?

a.                 What are the biggest challenges?

b.                What are the biggest opportunities?

2) What are key factors in the domestic and international environment that should be taken into account by the Committee?

Miroslav Polzer

IAAI Zentrum für globale Herausforderungen und Innovation Klagenfurt am Wörthersee

IAAI Center za svetovne izzive in inovacije v Celovcu

International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges (IAAI)

Adresse: Neuer Platz 10/I, At 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee/Austria

Tel.: +43 (0) 664 4203648 (mob/Austria) www.glocha.info;  pol...@glocha.info; skype: miropolzer; twitter: @glocha_mp;