Invitation to UN OWG 6 Side Event "United Nations System Partnering with Civil Society on Resource Mobilization for Sustainable Development", Trusteeship Council Chamber, UN NY, 12 December 2013 6.15-7.30 PM EST - webbroadcasting avialable!

Miroslav Polzer, IAAI Klagenfurt

Dec 7, 2013, 1:15:22 PM12/7/13
to ngo-mg-u...@googlegroups.com, major...@childrenyouth.org, youth-engagement-in-s...@googlegroups.com, World...@yahoogroups.com, cs...@lists.anped.org, post...@childrenyouth.org, innovat...@googlegroups.com, mobil...@googlegroups.com, Rio+20 GYMC Klagenfurt Team, rio1...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues and friends,

You are kindly invited to attend our event (live or via UN TV webbroadcasting):

United Nations System Partnering with Civil Society on

Resource Mobilization for Sustainable Development

Side Event to

Sixth Session of UN General Assembly’s

Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals

trusteeshipcouncilchamber new.jpg

Trusteeship Council Chamber, United Nations New York

12 December 2013, 6.15 – 7.30 EST

with live and on-demand Webcast coverage on UN Web TV:  http://webtv.un.org

(apologies for cross-posting)

“Little drops of water make a mighty ocean” (proverb)

151515stickerJune8_300pix.png

These days at the United Nations global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are being formulated. These  SDGs will guide the use of the limited resources of planet Earth by humanity in a fair and responsible way with a long term and inter generational perspective.

It becomes more and more clear that United Nations and national governments can’t do the job alone.

New thinking is needed and a global multistakeholder partnership – a global action network – for achieving sustainable development is needed that includes everybody who makes decisions over the use of resources relevant for sustainable development goals.

Join us at this event to hear about concrete visions, concepts and outlines for campaigns that put global citizens in the center of global governance and give global civil society, youth and cities a leadership role in future global partnership architecture for achieving sustainable development.

We are going to discuss with representatives of different major stakeholder groups (Science and Technology, Youth, Regional public authority, NGOs, Women, Indigenous People, ..), member states and UN system representatives how new approaches to social entrepreneurship, global citizenship ethics (Global Challenges Giving Pledge), games and music can be used to inspire and motivate people to get engaged in SDGs.

Hear about concrete social and technological innovations (GloCha System) and ambitious campaigns (MySDGs Global Youth Music Contest, 15/15/15, etc.) for youth led multistakeholder mass mobilization towards SDGs implementation.

We are looking forward to see You at our event!

The organizers

IAAIlogo.jpg

acuns_logo_vienna_office cmyk_print

http://www.5wwc.org/organizations/logos/AWC-logo.jpg

http://www.nationalserviceaeu.org/images/CSVGC_thumb.png

For more information and program updates see:  http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/240-iaai-glocha-event-owg6

RSVP: off...@glocha.info (Please provide your name, title and organisation), Please note that you must have a UN grounds pass to get access to UN building

Miroslav Polzer

International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges (IAAI)

Address: Neuer Platz 10/I, At 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee/Austria

Tel.: +43 (0) 664 4203648 (mob/Austria) - US cell phone: 646 627 6408 www.glocha.info;  pol...@glocha.info; skype: miropolzer; twitter: @glocha_mp;

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
SideEvent_UNCivil SocietyPartnership_6thSessionofSDGsOWG_vers07December.pdf
GlobalChallengesGivingPledgeandCitizensCitiesVoluntaryCommittmentRegistry_vers4November.pdf