Re: Invitation Global Meet-Up Event - Abuja, Nigeria.

Hamzat Lawal

Oct 5, 2012, 11:10:06 AM10/5/12
to rio20nig...@googlegroups.com, nigeriayouthcan, 350.org Nigeria/NYCC, ayicc-...@googlegroups.com, nigerian-national-...@googlegroups.com, oludotunbabayemi
Dear Sustainable Development Activist,

As promised earlier, Please follow the conversation on Twitter: @UNedufirst @INEEtweets @dotunbabayemi @hamzy12 #EducationFirst #yahuzameetup or join via Live Stream on Google+ Hangout and you can as well add your views on the above topic in the comment box below this link www.bit.ly/yahuzameetup and we'll definitely include it! :)

The date & venue still remains Saturday, October 6, 2012. Yahuza, Behind AP Plaza Wuse 2, Abuja 4:00-6:00pm Local time.

Objectives

Output

Outcome

Review current policies, procedures and mechanisms on Education during crisis in Nigeria

Policy level recommendations for effective usage of Education in Crisis

Education in Crisis is Strengthened through an efficient and effective involvement of youth

Develop an inclusive quality education strategy during crisis to bridge the gap In the education system of the country

Policy relevant recommendations on a medium and long term project and possible funding sources to be identified

Youths are aware of education in crisis, trends, best practices and needs. Development of a national campaign that furthers the reach of quality education

Review outcomes of Rio+20 in the context of SDGs, procedures and mechanisms for achieving MDGs

Clear road map for Nigeria to meet the MDGs and the Post Rio+20 commitments

Identify youth champions that would advocate for sustainable policy frame work on Rio+20 commitments and can be integrated into the post 2015 agenda

With participants from diverse organizations that might attend the Meet-Up, you will be joining in a global community of people contributing to what could be done to improve how our country's education system could be improved on.

Consequently, the team will work hard to maximize your involvement through our traditional and social media partners, our business and government contacts and our public supporter base.

For more information about the INEE Meet-up, please contact Hamzat Lawal on +234-806-686-9956 or mails...@gmail.com; Oludotun Babayemi on +234-813-490-8561 or oludotun...@gmail.com

Thanks for your usual cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hamzat

INEE Team, Nigeria

Hamzat B. Lawal
Executive Assistant
International Centre for Energy, Environment & Development (ICEED)
National Coordinator
African Youth Initiative on Climate Change - Nigeria
Advisor
Nigerian Youth Climate Action Network ‘Africa is the world's second largest and second most populous continent with over 1.33 Billion populations with over 60% being youth, whose energy if channelled appropriately will increase the standard of living of the citizen and also encourage economic boom in terms of investment’
THE FUTURE IS NOW!
Facebook Twitter Blogger
Contact me: Skype @hamzy12 Y! Messenger mails4hamzat BlackBerry 293B258C
Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.