Replace "Setup/Uninstall" in UAC prompt for signed unistaller

Igor Katenov

Oct 14, 2021, 3:51:28 AM10/14/21
to innosetup
I sign my setup packages created with Inno Setup using the signtool.exe from Windows SDK. When the user launches the uninstaller, the following UAC prompt appears in the very beginning:

IMG_20211013_132626 (2).jpg

The text in the red box in the UAC prompt for the installer displays
the AppName parameter from my ISS script as expected, but the UAC prompt for the uninstaller displays the hard-coded "Setup/Uninstall" string. In my understanding, the AppName parameter must also works in this place according to the documentation for the AppName parameter:

=======================================
[Setup]: AppName

AppName is displayed throughout the Setup program and uninstaller in window titles, wizard pages, and dialog boxes.

=======================================

If it is a bug, please, fix it. If I should use another parameter to modify the text in the UAC prompt for the signed uninstaller, tell me what I should use.

Gavin Lambert

Oct 14, 2021, 6:04:07 PM10/14/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
On 14/10/2021 20:51, Igor Katenov wrote:
> The text in the red box in the UAC prompt for the installer displays
> the AppName parameter from my ISS script as expected, but the UAC prompt
> for the uninstaller displays the hard-coded "Setup/Uninstall" string. In
> my understanding, the AppName parameter must also works in this place
> according to the documentation for the AppName parameter:

No, the AppName has no effect on that.

To set the text, use the /d parameter when invoking the sign tool.