Inno Setup - Facing issue while using External C# DLL function.

Ratnamala Patil

Jul 18, 2024, 12:18:22 PM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I am Ratnamala Patil, I want to use the External C# DLL function which is dependent on another library 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll'.
I am facing a run time exception like 'External exception E0434352' while importing C# DLL function with its dependent library.

image.png
Please refer to the above work flow diagram for reference.
Please provide the solution for the same.
Thank you in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Ratnamala Patil

Eivind Bakkestuen

Jul 18, 2024, 6:53:15 PM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to inno...@googlegroups.com

Gavin Lambert

Jul 18, 2024, 9:53:19 PM (8 days ago) Jul 18
to innosetup
On Friday, July 19, 2024 at 4:18:22 AM UTC+12 Ratnamala Patil wrote:
I am Ratnamala Patil, I want to use the External C# DLL function which is dependent on another library 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll'.
I am facing a run time exception like 'External exception E0434352' while importing C# DLL function with its dependent library.

Exception E0434352 simply means that the .NET code (or the CLR itself) threw an exception.  It doesn't convey any information about the actual problem.  If the exception is occurring within your code, you may need to try/catch it and log or handle it in some more useful way.

Otherwise if the exception is occurring outside of your code then it may be a problem with the way that you are importing it.  What is the actual method signature on the .NET side, and the external import [Code] within your Inno script?  Have you checked whether there are any other dependent libraries not included?  Have you checked if the correct version of .NET is installed before trying to call it?

Ratnamala Patil

Jul 19, 2024, 1:53:29 AM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eivind,
Thank you for email response.
You are right this is happening while calling not while importing

Ratnamala Patil

Jul 24, 2024, 7:25:05 AM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to inno...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the answer.

The problem occurs when we import C# Dll_1(which has dependency on Dll_2) in InnoSetup. Both Dll_1 and Dll_2 are at same path.

If Dll_1(no dependency on Dll_2) is imported then it works well.

.Net version used is 4.5.

Please let us know if any more details are required.

Eivind Bakkestuen

Jul 24, 2024, 9:33:09 PM (2 days ago) Jul 24
to inno...@googlegroups.com
It sounds as if your Dll_2 has dependencies on other DLLs that may be missing? Either that, or you are not describing fully what is happening.

If you are *calling* Dll_2 from Inno and it is failing... did you see the discussion I linked to earlier?

Gavin Lambert

Jul 24, 2024, 10:31:58 PM (2 days ago) Jul 24
to innosetup
On Wednesday, July 24, 2024 at 11:25:05 PM UTC+12 Ratnamala Patil wrote:

Please let us know if any more details are required.

I already gave you a bunch of questions, including to provide code snippets of the signatures from both ends.  You have not answered any of them.