Wrong default value for MinVersion

Sergey Rozhenko

Sep 24, 2022, 9:39:42 PM9/24/22
to innosetup
Hello.

Today I found out that despite Inno Setup supporting Vista, it has this support turned off by default. This is bug. Even worse, an intentionally introduced bug. At this point it's probably too late to fix, but I wonder what was the reasoning for its introduction?

Jernej Simončič

Sep 25, 2022, 6:54:29 AM9/25/22
to Sergey Rozhenko on [innosetup]

On Sunday, September 25, 2022, 03:39:42, Sergey Rozhenko wrote:

Today I found out that despite Inno Setup supporting Vista, it has this support turned off by default. This is bug. Even worse, an intentionally introduced bug. At this point it's probably too late to fix, but I wonder what was the reasoning for its introduction?

It's not a bug, and it's documented. The reasoning for setting MinVersion to 6.1sp1 by default is explained on the download page.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

There are many inside dopes in politics and government.
       -- Cohen's Law of Inside Dope