How to add dependency for Microsoft Access Database Engine

Vladica Jankovic

Oct 17, 2021, 4:21:49 AM10/17/21
to innosetup
Hi! I am new in Inno Setup and use the most recent version 6.2.0. I have the problem to add dependency for Microsoft Access Database Engine (32 bit version). I used the code for Third-party Inno Setup Dependency Installer (Author:  DomGries) https://github.com/DomGries/InnoDependencyInstaller/archive/master.zip, and added my code for this Access dependency below:

procedure Dependency_AddAccessDatabaseEngine;
var
  ACDB_Ap: String;
begin
    if not RegKeyExists(HKCR, 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0') then
    begin
      ACDB_Ap := 'AccessDatabaseEngine.exe';
        Dependency_Add(ACDB_Ap,
      '/passive /norestart',
      'Microsoft Access Database Engine',
      '', False, False);
    end;
end;

When setup starts and downloads Access Database Engine it fails with message: Microsoft Access Database Engine Failed; code 216

Any help is very welcome!!!