SignTool doesn't pass parameters

Cezariusz Marek

Jun 14, 2021, 10:57:18 AM6/14/21
to innosetup
Hi,

I my previous ISS, working with Inno Setup 5, I had the following command:

SignTool=signtool sign /v /i $qCOMPANY SERVERS CA$q /a /t http://timestamp.digicert.com/ /d $qMyApp Setup$q /du https://myapp.com/ $f

In the Sign Tools configuration I had a "signtool" entry only with the full path to the signtool.exe file. I was very convenient. because I could have a single signtool definition for many applications.

This no longer works with Inno Setup 6 (tested on 6.0.5 and 6.2.0), because SignTool directive doesn't pass any parameters to the signtool executable.

Martijn Laan

Jun 14, 2021, 11:03:48 AM6/14/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Op 14-6-2021 om 16:57 schreef Cezariusz Marek:
In the Sign Tools configuration I had a "signtool" entry only with the full path to the signtool.exe file. I

This is wrong since such an entry must also included a $p. See the second example in the help file:
mycustom=signtool.exe $p
So in your case
signtool=path\signtool.exe $p
Greetings,
Martijn Laan

Cezariusz Marek

Jun 14, 2021, 7:37:32 PM6/14/21
to innosetup
Thank you, that has solved my problem. I forgot about this parameter when moving to a new computer.