A button gets dropped on the Inno Setup version of a Driver

Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez

Jun 28, 2021, 5:34:53 PM6/28/21
to innosetup
I am developing an ASCOM driver for an astronomy application. I am using Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Basic. I have a driver Setup Dialog form with a button that lets me browse for a file. This functionality works fine on the development environment but once I create  the driver installer with Inno Setup, the button dissapears. Is this a known issue) My version of Inno Setup is 6.1.2

Thanks in advance

Eivind Bakkestuen

Jun 29, 2021, 1:13:46 AM6/29/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Is this a custom page? It's not obvious to me what button you're talking about

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 7:34 AM Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez <jsanc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am developing an ASCOM driver for an astronomy application. I am using Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Basic. I have a driver Setup Dialog form with a button that lets me browse for a file. This functionality works fine on the development environment but once I create  the driver installer with Inno Setup, the button dissapears. Is this a known issue) My version of Inno Setup is 6.1.2

Thanks in advance

Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez

Jun 29, 2021, 4:59:44 AM6/29/21
to innosetup
Hello,

I am adding a custom button to the Setup Dialog form of an Ascom Observing Conditions Driver Template. When this button is clicked an OpenFileDialog is shown so the user can choose a file that the Driver will use. When I build the Driver in Visual Studio 2019 the button and its functionality are there. But when I create an Inno Setup installer for the Driver and install it on the same PC, the button dissapears.

This is how the Visual Studio 2019 Built Setup Dialog looks:

OCFF Driver Dialog OK.jpg

An this is the code:

    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

        If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then

            TextBox1.Text = OpenFileDialog1.FileName

        End If

    End Sub

When I create a driver installer with Inno Setup in order to share the driver with other people. The button doe snot appear on the installed driver´s setup dialog.

Hope this clarifies the issue. Thanks a lot,

Jose

And this is how the Inno Setup installed version looks

Gavin Lambert

Jun 29, 2021, 6:59:44 PM6/29/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
On 29/06/2021 8:59 pm, Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez wrote:
> I am adding a custom button to the Setup Dialog form of an Ascom
> Observing Conditions Driver Template.

Whatever that is. If that's some kind of third party framework then you
may need to ask for support there.

> When this button is clicked an
> OpenFileDialog is shown so the user can choose a file that the Driver
> will use. When I build the Driver in Visual Studio 2019 the button and
> its functionality are there. But when I create an Inno Setup installer
> for the Driver and install it on the same PC, the button dissapears.

There's nothing that Inno does that would affect that.

Check if there's any conditional logic in your code that hides the button.

Also check that the SourceDir and/or [Files] paths are pointing at the
same output files that you're actually compiling. (And that you're
compiling a Release build.)

Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez

Jul 1, 2021, 1:46:55 AM7/1/21
to innosetup
Thanks for your answer Gaving,

This is just a Visual Basic Driver with a setup dialog form. It happens to be an astronomy application, but I doubt the issue has anything to do with that.
There´s no conditional logic to hide the button. And I am compliling the release build.
I have found searching in google other people who had a similar problem with the GUI they get through the Inno Setup Installation is different from the one they developed. But those threads have no clear answer.

Eivind Bakkestuen

Jul 5, 2021, 1:13:54 AM7/5/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Well, sure sounds like the dialog is somehow broken (it's still not clear to me if this is an Inno Setup form, or something the driver displays?). Without any specific details, nobody here can do anything about it.