UninstallLogging=yes option?

Martin Ba

Mar 20, 2024, 3:30:57 AMMar 20
to innosetup
Hi!

I was wondering if forcing logging on uninstall still requires manually adding the log switch to the registry (And the uninstall shortcut, if I create one). (see e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2513984/how-to-force-innosetup-to-create-an-uninstall-log-file )

Was there a reason the equivalent of SetupLogging=yes, but for uninstall, was never added to Inno other than low priority?

I found SetupLogging=yes to be immensely valuable for our main installer (lot's of complicated checks wrt. 3rd party components) and recently focus has shifted a bit to "clean" uninstall, and a simple option to always being able to grab the uninstall log would be very convenient.

cheers.

Martijn Laan

Mar 20, 2024, 5:04:55 PMMar 20
to innosetup
Hi,

I've added an UninstallLogging directive to the next version. It only works if you run the uninstaller from Add/Remove Programs.

Logging starts before the .dat is read which is why it works by altering the ARP UninstallString instead, like the StackOverflow question you link also does.

I don't know when the next version will be released.

Greetings,
Martijn

Martin Ba

Apr 16, 2024, 3:42:04 AMApr 16
to innosetup
Thanks a bunch!

Now I really need to schedule The Big Update (still on 5.6(a) for the most part) for my projects! :-D

cheers.