Create Custom Icon For Extensions

Fred Curry

Jun 12, 2021, 7:36:18 PM6/12/21
to innosetup
My program has two filetypes that it will load: .hug and ..src

Inno associates the filetypes fine in that they will load with my application.

But I can't seem to figure out how to associate an icon with each type.  Instead they all have the same icon as my program.

Any help appreciated.

José Gonçalves

Jun 13, 2021, 3:07:29 AM6/13/21
to innosetup
See this Installation Task in the FAQ :and especially this :

Root: HKA; Subkey: "Software\Classes\MyProgramFile.myp\DefaultIcon"; ValueType: string; ValueName: ""; ValueData: "{app}\MyProg.exe,0"

"DefaultIcon" is the registry key that specifies the filename containing the icon to associate with the file type. ",0" tells Explorer to use the first icon from MyProg.exe. (",1" would mean the second icon.)