Hopp til første uleste melding

Robert van der Hulst

ulest,
23. mai 2022, 11:18:5423.05.2022
til innosetup
Does anybody know how to change the status messages during uninstall.
At this moment a single status message is shown (the StatusUninstalling message).
Background: Some my external UnInstallRun tasks take a while. I would like to show the customer what the uninstaller is doing.

Robert

Laurent Combémorel

ulest,
23. mai 2022, 14:16:2823.05.2022
til innosetup
See UninstallProgressForm object from the help, Pascal Scripting: Support Classes Reference... From the beginning of the page, 3rd line !

Robert van der Hulst

ulest,
25. mai 2022, 13:28:1625.05.2022
til innosetup
Laurent,
I understand that I can use the form object and access the status message.
The problem is that there are no events during uninstalling that I can respond to to change the text of the status message.
the CurUninstallStepChanged event handler does not receive events when [UninstallRun] commands are running and also not for each file that is uninstalled.

However, the Uninstaller does update a progressbar and it also writes the progress to the log file.
It would be nice if it could also call the CurUninstallStepChanged event handler, or something similar and pass information about what is going on.

Robert

Op maandag 23 mei 2022 om 20:16:28 UTC+2 schreef Laurent Combémorel:

Laurent Combémorel

ulest,
25. mai 2022, 14:03:1925.05.2022
til innosetup
So you want the StatusMsg parameter to be used also for the [UnInstallRun] section while currently it is available only in [Run] section... This implies some coding in Inno Setup source code, and eventually a verion 6.3 !

Robert van der Hulst

ulest,
25. mai 2022, 14:52:1725.05.2022
til innosetup
Yes a StatusMsg parameter would be nice. And maybe also display the name of the file that is uninstalled (and removed from the GAC).
Or add an event handler that I can use to set the status message myself.

Robert

Op woensdag 25 mei 2022 om 20:03:19 UTC+2 schreef Laurent Combémorel:
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger