Unregistering a dll during install

rgod...@atlaschirosys.com

Jun 16, 2021, 11:46:54 AMJun 16
to innosetup
During the install of a new dll we need to unregister two older versions with different names.   The old dll's were registered a long time ago and there is no uninstall to remove them.

Is it possible to unregister these two dll's in an Inno script?  If so, how?

Bill Stewart

Jun 16, 2021, 11:56:14 AMJun 16
to innosetup
On Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 9:46:54 AM UTC-6 rgod...@atlaschirosys.com wrote:

During the install of a new dll we need to unregister two older versions with different names.   The old dll's were registered a long time ago and there is no uninstall to remove them.

Is it possible to unregister these two dll's in an Inno script?  If so, how?

You should be able to use the  UnregisterServer[1] function.

rgod...@atlaschirosys.com

Jun 16, 2021, 12:08:38 PMJun 16
to innosetup
Thank you.  I was hoping that I would not have to get into scripting but learning something new is always fun.

rgod...@atlaschirosys.com

Jun 16, 2021, 9:14:14 PMJun 16
to innosetup
Thanks to the examples and my vague memory of Pascal from 30 years ago I created a script to unregister the dll's and it worked just fine.  Thank you.