Inno Script Studio 2.5.1 Released

Tim Chilvers (Kymoto)

Nov 28, 2020, 9:44:22 AM11/28/20
to innosetup
Hi,

A new version of Inno Script Studio has been released.

For the complete list of what's new/changed, please visit:

Installer download:

If you would like to support the development of Inno Script Studio please think about donating to the project using the Donate links on https://www.kymoto.org/products/inno-script-studio

Tim Chilvers
Kymoto Solutions

Andrew Truckle

Nov 28, 2020, 11:26:35 AM11/28/20
to innosetup
Thanks! :)

Andrew

Roddy

Jan 14, 2021, 6:00:52 AM1/14/21
to innosetup
Hi Tim,

Thanks for this ^^.

However, I'm seeing a problem with Inno Script Studio 2.5.1 where my installer seems to hit a breakpoint "creating directories" when it's run from within ISS, but works fine when run outside. I click "run" again and the installation continues normally,

I don't have any breakpoints set, as far as I can see. Previous versions of ISS and Inno Setup seemed to work fine.

 - Roddy

Tim Chilvers (Kymoto)

Jan 15, 2021, 1:51:03 PM1/15/21
to innosetup
Hi Roddy,

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at whats going on

Tim

Roddy

Feb 3, 2021, 7:37:28 AM2/3/21
to innosetup
Hi Tim,

I've discovered that the section causing the problem is this:

[Dirs]
Name: {commonappdata}\MyProductName; Permissions: users-modify

Looking at the log, you'll see the delay (until I press 'resume') before it sets the permissions.

[12:31:14.953]   Found 13 files to register with RestartManager.
[12:31:14.954]   Calling RestartManager's RmGetList.
[12:31:17.960]   RmGetList finished successfully.
[12:31:17.962]   RestartManager found no applications using one of our files.
[12:31:17.970]   Starting the installation process.
[12:31:28.970]   Setting permissions on directory: C:\ProgramData\MyProductName

HTH
- Roddy

Andrew Truckle

Feb 3, 2021, 5:03:03 PM2/3/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com

I am not knowledgeable in all of this. But when I was using Inno 6.1 with the Download feature I was getting very long delays too. It turned out to be something to do with AVG Internet Security Suite. The moment I uninstalled it the delays stopped. So I put on Avast and still don’t get the delays

So if you are getting delays with setting permissions, could it also be related to Antivirus?

Andy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Roddy

Feb 3, 2021, 7:01:25 PM2/3/21
to innosetup
Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not just a delay - the installer is actually stopping like it's hit a breakpoint. Pressing the ISS debugger 'resume' continues the installation (which runs with no problem outside ISS)

Alex Born

Mar 8, 2021, 4:04:56 PM3/8/21
to innosetup
Hi!

Tim, please update the Russian language pack for Inno Script Studio as it is outdated for a long time and does not fit the current version of the program.

--
Kindly Regards
суббота, 28 ноября 2020 г. в 15:44:22 UTC+1, Tim Chilvers (Kymoto):

Nick Carter

Apr 28, 2023, 5:34:42 AM4/28/23
to innosetup
Hi Tim,

I am getting this issue too, but as this was reported over 2 years ago do I assume that this project is dead?

Regards,
Nick

Edward Mendelson

Jun 26, 2024, 12:48:37 PM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to innosetup
This problem (breakpoint on creating directories) seems to have disappeared with the latest version of Inno Setup.