InnoSetup 6.2.2: Windows 7 SP 1 required

Petr Jurik

Jun 6, 2024, 8:10:25 AMJun 6
to innosetup
Hello.

One of our customers have strange issue. We've updated to 6.2.2 and user running on Windows 10 cannot install because of 'This program requires Windows Service Pack 1 or later' error ... we've checked comaptibility mode is disabled.

Is it known error ?

Regards, Petr Jurik

Jernej Simončič

Jun 6, 2024, 11:39:05 AMJun 6
to Petr Jurik on [innosetup]

On Thursday, June 6, 2024, 14:02:14, Petr Jurik wrote:

One of our customers have strange issue. We've updated to 6.2.2 and user running on Windows 10 cannot install because of 'This program requires Windows Service Pack 1 or later' error ... we've checked comaptibility mode is disabled.

Is it known error ?

Run the setup with /LOG parameter and upload the log file.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

If they build it, you will pay.
       -- Law of new civically backed football stadiums

Petr Jurik

Jun 6, 2024, 11:43:20 AMJun 6
to innosetup
Here's the log. It detects system as Win7RTM
2024-06-04 08:19:54.978   Compatibility mode: Yes (Win7RTM Installer)
but the problem is compatibility mode IS NOT enabled and even in  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers] compatibility isn't enabled ... that's the problem we have.

Dne čtvrtek 6. června 2024 v 17:39:05 UTC+2 uživatel Jernej Simončič napsal:
install.log

Jernej Simončič

Jun 6, 2024, 11:54:32 AMJun 6
to Petr Jurik on [innosetup]

On Thursday, June 6, 2024, 17:43:20, Petr Jurik wrote:

Here's the log. It detects system as Win7RTM
2024-06-04 08:19:54.978   Compatibility mode: Yes (Win7RTM Installer)
but the problem is compatibility mode IS NOT enabled and even in  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers] compatibility isn't enabled ... that's the problem we have.

Compatibility mode is set through an environment variable, and is inherited by child processes, so whichever process is starting the Setup is running in compatibility mode (the Compatibility mode line in log just shows the content of __COMPAT_LAYER environment variable).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
       -- Kensington's Observation

Petr Jurik

Jun 9, 2024, 2:24:16 PMJun 9
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Hi All.

User answered me "__COMPAT_LAYER not assigned in user or system
environment vars" so that's not the case :-/

Regards, Petr

Jernej Simončič

Jun 9, 2024, 4:22:26 PMJun 9
to Petr Jurik on [innosetup]
On Sunday, June 9, 2024, 20:24:03, Petr Jurik wrote:

> User answered me "__COMPAT_LAYER not assigned in user or system
> environment vars" so that's not the case :-/

Compatibility mode is set on whichever program is starting your installer (that's what's setting the environment variable).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

It's a good thing money can't buy happiness. We couldn't stand the commercials.
-- Gerrold's Fundamental Truth