ErrorFileHash2 - Query

Andrew Truckle

Nov 28, 2020, 3:15:06 PM11/28/20
to innosetup
Hi

In the ISL file we have:

ErrorFileHash1=File hash failed: %1
ErrorFileHash2=Invalid file hash: expected %1, found %2

I am not sure where the first error is used in the installer, but I saw the second error message today when testing my installer. I had the wrong EXE file on my website on purpose with the wrong hash value.

My query here or thoughts to be more exact is the phrasing and display of this information to the user.

1. It wasn't apparent (to me) why the message was displayed (I know ofcourse, but a user ...)
2. It looks a bit ugly in a message box where the long hash strings were word-wrapped.

Is it not possible to maybe turn this into a task dialog or just make it more user friendly? Make it wider, let teh user know what file it refers to ...

They are only thoughts that you may have considered before.

Martijn Laan

Nov 29, 2020, 12:42:25 AM11/29/20
to inno...@googlegroups.com
It only shows a mesage box if you don't handle the exception. Use try/except and then you can do things like reraising the exception with a filename added or using a task dialog.

Greetings,
Martijn

Op 28 nov. 2020 om 21:15 heeft Andrew Truckle <truc...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hi