RAD & Installer - RAD Studio exper for creating Inno Setup Installers [Official thread]

t.sl...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2020, 3:47:54 AM10/13/20
to innosetup
In this thread I will post new information about my tool. Please make new thread for your support questions and keep this thread for announcements only.

About
RAD & Installer is a RAD Studio extension for creating NSIS and Inno Setup installers. It integrates NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) and Inno Setup with Embarcadero RAD Studio IDE (Delphi and C++ Builder)  and allows you to create and build NSIS and Inno Setup projects right within RAD Studio getting all benefits of common integrated environment.

Key Features
  • New project types: NSIS Project and Inno Setup Project
  • Full integration into RAD Studio IDE, supports:
  • RAD Studio 2009 - 2010
  • RAD Studio XE - XE8
  • RAD Studio 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo, 10.3 Rio
  • Works in C++ Builder and Delphi - all Editions including Starter and Community!
  • Build installers directly with other project types
  • NSIS Project and Inno Setup Project Properties (with MSBuild)
  • Syntax highlighting (coloring)
  • Code Insight Code Completion
  • Code Insight Parameter Hints
  • Code Insight Code Hints
  • Navigation Bars
  • Complete linkage to the project group build process
  • Quick jump from Messages window
  • Code Insight Code Browsing (Ctrl + Click)
  • Find Declaration support
  • Hints and tips for writing scripts
  • Code optimizations
  • Opening script files (Go To file)
  • Live Templates support
  • Creating custom Live Templates
  • Plug-ins recognition (* NSIS Project only)
  • Full version control system support
  • Dynamic help system
  • Cross-version compatibility for all RAD Studio versions
  • Based on MSBuild projects
  • Easy to be integrated into many popular build (automation) systems: Jenkins, Maven, Apache Ant, Hudson, Gradle, FinalBuilder...
dark-theme-inno.jpg

Official website with more information: http://rad-installer.com/

t.sl...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2020, 3:50:39 AM10/13/20
to innosetup
I will post new versions announcements in this thread, but I want to keep it clean so I start with latest version only (I am sorry my previous thread with old changelog was somehow lost).

Get the full changelog here: http://rad-installer.com/changelog.html

Version 1.0.2.4 Release: 2020-10-12
  • We have completely reworked how IntelliSense in Inno Setup works.
    IntelliSense is now [Section] sensitive, so only items valid for speficic section are shown when Ctrl + Space is performed in that section. That reduces searching and increases speed of work.
  • Cleared, updated and removed deprecated IntelliSense items for Keywords, Flag,s Parameters, Attributes, etc.
  • Support for NSIS 3.06 and 3.06.1 (see changes
  • Support for GI for NSIS 4.10.01 (Webka) and Graphical Installer Wizard 1.15.01 (see changes)
  • IntelliSense items for are now reordered so the most used items are on the top of the list.
    The order of appearance in [Code] section: Inno Setup Pascal (like MsgBox(), ...) -> Classes (like TButton, ...) -> Procedures and Functions (User defined) -> Variables (Global, Local, Parameters) -> Members (#Symbols, types, consts)
    The order of appearance outside of [Code] section: Keywords (like AppName, ...) in [Setup] or Various constants (like {pf}, MB_OK, ...) [non-Setup] -> Flags (each section has its own set of them) -> Parameters (each section has its own set of them) -> Procedures and Functions (User defined) -> Variables (Global, Local, Parameters) -> Members (like #Symbols, ...)
  • Fixed parsing warnings from Inno Setup ISCC compiler (especially if multiple colons were present in the warning)
  • Support for Inno Setup 6.0.5 See changes)
  • Support for Graphical Installer for Inno Setup 6.0.5 (Wonka) and Graphical Installer Wizard 1.15.01 (see changes)
  • Fixed Inno Setup #preprocessors: added missing #redim, fixed typo in #ifexists
  • Improved parsing variables in Inno Setup - up to 10 variables per line in var block
  • Added missing IntelliSense items for NSIS + fixed few typos
  • Inno Setup Compiler: corrected parsing warnings:
    Warning: A message named "..." has not been defined for the "..." language. Will use the English message from Default.isl.
    Warning: Message name "..." in "...path...to...ISL...file..." is not recognized by this version of Inno Setup. Ignoring.
  • Inno Setup New Project templates now (again) use 'OutputDir=Output' so running the setup directly with Ctrl+F9 is working.

t.sl...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2020, 10:40:26 AM12/29/20
to innosetup
Version 1.0.2.4-1 Release: 2020-12-06
  • Support for RAD Studio 10.4 Sydney (all editions: Architect, Enterprise, Professional, Starter, Community; version 10.4.1 (2nd September 2020))
    See description of changes in this release here or details in this Wiki article.
  • Fixed wrong colors in Settings dialog
  • Support for Inno Setup 6.1.2 (also supports 6.1.0-beta and 6.1.1-beta) See changes)
  • Support for Graphical Installer for Inno Setup 6.1.2 (Xenka) and Graphical Installer Wizard 1.16.01 (see changes)
  • Installer: improved German translation

Get the full changelog here: http://rad-installer.com/changelog.html

Merry Christmas and happy New Year 2021!

Alex Born

Dec 29, 2020, 1:39:52 PM12/29/20
to innosetup
Not fun and not free. We pass by ....
Instead of developing inno, you make crutches that fill your pocket!

вторник, 29 декабря 2020 г. в 16:40:26 UTC+1, t.sl...@gmail.com:

Martijn Laan

Dec 29, 2020, 1:58:55 PM12/29/20
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Please stay respectful, thanks.

Martijn

Op 29 dec. 2020 om 19:39 heeft Alex Born <alex.b...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

t.sl...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2021, 2:25:06 PM8/18/21
to innosetup
Hello.

We released a new version of RAD & Installer:

Version 1.0.2.5
Release: 2021-07-22
  • Support for RAD Studio 10.4.2 Sydney (all editions: Architect, Enterprise, Professional, Starter, Community; version 10.4.2 (February 24th, 2021))
  • See description of changes in this release here or details in this Wiki article.
  • We recommend to set some IDE options
    [modern 10.X IDEs]
    to have better experience when compiling the Inno Setup or NSIS scripts:
    From main menu set Tools -> Options (in tab Environment Options [or tab Compiling and Running in modern IDEs]) Verbosity - Diagnostics [Normal is enough in modern IDEs] to see the Output from compiler correctly (displayed in window Messages, tabs Build and Output)
    Uncheck option Minimize on run to prevent IDE minimizing during project compilation or build (optionally you can also uncheck option Hide designers on run)
  • Support for Inno Setup 6.2.0 See changes
  • Support for Graphical Installer for Inno Setup 6.2.0 (Yanka) and Graphical Installer Wizard 1.17.01 (see changes)
  • Fixed bug: Project Properties context menu item (right clicking the .innproj file or .nsisproj file) was not displayed
ide-options-minimize-10.jpg

Visit the official website http://rad-installer.com/ for downloads and more details.

t.sl...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 2:44:31 AM10/7/21
to innosetup

Hello community. We released a new version of RAD & Installer with support for newly released RAD Studio (Delphi / C++ Builder) 11 Alexandria:

Version 1.0.2.6
Release: 2021-10-04

  • Support for RAD Studio 11 Alexandria
    (all editions: Architect, Enterprise, Professional, Starter, Community; version 11.0 (September 9th, 2021))
  • See description of changes in this release here or details in this Wiki article.
  • Support for NSIS 3.07 and 3.08 (see changes)
  • Fixed A component named ecSwapCppHdrFiles already exists error in context menu (right clicking inside the .iss or .nsi file and choosing Find References)
  • Fixed Range Check error when parsing Labels: in .nsi/.nsh scripts
  • Fixed a lot of crashes and Access Violation Exceptions when opening / closing the IDE ( RAD Studio 11 Alexandria does not crash anymore!)
  • Installer now automatically detects and install .NET Framework 3.5 (if it is missing on the computer)

splash-11.jpg

t.sl...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2022, 2:51:22 AM3/25/22
to innosetup
Hello community. We released a new version of RAD & Installer with support for newly released RAD Studio (Delphi / C++ Builder) 11.1 Alexandria and many fixes and improvements:

Version 1.0.2.7
Release: 2022-03-24
  • Support for RAD Studio 11.1 Alexandria
    (all editions: Architect, Enterprise, Professional, Starter, Community; version 11.1 (March 15th, 2022))
    See description of changes in this release here or details in this blog article.
  • Official support for Windows 11 (also ARM)
  • Official support for electron-builder scripts (editing any electron-builder .nsi or .nsh scripts)
  • Fixed high DPI issues with Navigation Bars
    (that happens) on Windows 10 and newer
  • New Project Property Run installer - Parameters (Parameters passed to launched installer) for both Inno Setup Projects and NSIS Projects Manual
  • Refreshed design of Project Properties windows
    : updated colors, texts, icons (especially in Dark theme)
  • Installer now supports multiple processor architectures (x86, x64, arm64, ia64) - useful when running Windows on ARM
  • Installer: the Next/Install text on button with additional info is shown correctly
  • Installer: correct writing registry entries for currently logged user when credentials of elevated user are entered
  • Installer: + experts are registered correctly so user can use the software without Administrator priviledges.
navbars-high-dpi.jpg

project-properties-dark.jpg

Visit http://rad-installer.com/changelog.html for download and more details. Currently the R&I is offered with -50% OFF!

t.sl...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2022, 7:31:25 AM9/16/22
to innosetup
Hello community. We released a new version of RAD & Installer with support for newly released RAD Studio (Delphi / C++ Builder) 11.2 Alexandria and many fixes and improvements:

Version 1.0.2.7-1
Release: 2022-09-16
  • Support for RAD Studio 11.2 Alexandria (all editions: Architect, Enterprise, Professional, Starter, Community; version 11.2 (September 7th, 2022))
  • See description of changes in this release here or details in this blog article.
  • Fixed issues with NSIS syntax highlighting (the NSIS highlighter was not registered correctly, scripts were not colorized)
Capture.JPG

t.sl...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2023, 1:22:25 PM12/10/23
to innosetup
Hello community.

Today we released new version of RAD & Installer (1.0.2.8). Changelog:

  • Support for RAD Studio 12 icon RAD Studio 12 Athens
  •  RAD Studio 12 Athens
    RAD Studio 12 icon
    (all editions: Architect, Enterprise, Professional, Starter, Community; version 12.0 (November 5th, 2023))
  • See description of changes in this release here or details in this blog article.
  • Support for InnoSetupProject icon Inno Setup 6.2.2 (see changes)
  • Support for InnoSetupProject icon Graphical Installer for Inno Setup, Build 6.2.2 and Graphical Installer Wizard, Build 2023.1 (see changes)
  • Minor fixes and improvements in NSISProject icon NSIS / InnoSetupProject icon Inno Setup parsers
  • InnoSetupProject iconInno Setup Code Optimizations Inno Setup Code Optimizations
    InnoSetupProject icon
    now correctly shows unused Variables Manual
  • Implemented Hints and Tips Hints and Tips for Inno Setup
    InnoSetupProject icon
    for InnoSetupProject iconInno Setup - detailed information about [Setup] section directives parameters