Include script files

Sam Oxigen

May 26, 2021, 4:40:28 PM5/26/21
to innosetup
I have 13 script files including the main script and I can see 11 script tabs on my main script. Well, when I compile I see also the Preprocessor output too (in addition).

I've tried menu View/Next Tab, View/Previews and that was not helpful too.

I have to open and edit these 2 files separately at this point, OR change the order; include them "earlier" in order to view and edit them.

Breakpoints too, don't take me to these files.

I think this is by design, I don't think this is an error.
Would be nice to have a dropdown arrow at the very right on include scripts row to list all included script files if the list don't fit the screen.
Also, breakpoints; why don't jump to all files regardless these files shown on the bar or not.
Compiler compiles ok though; it counts them as part of the project anyway, so breakpoints should be reaching these files, to me.

Regards,
Sam

Raphael MT

Feb 15, 2022, 2:58:24 PM2/15/22
to innosetup
I have the same problem, I was really excited when I saw in version 6.2 that this feature had been added because of how much of a pain it was to work with multiple files. However, the way it is implemented right now makes it totally useless if you have more than 11 files because the files are in order of include, which means that the more "stable" files, those thta are depended upon and therefore change less often, are the ones being opened and the files that change a lot are not opened.

This is a must for us because our setup programs are pretty big and working in a single file is absolutely horrendous.

I cloned the github repository and I think I found where the file limit is hardcoded to 12.

I'd really like to know if it can be changed or it's some kind of technical limitation.