BackSolid and BackColor have no function

isyControl Software

Nov 17, 2021, 8:32:28 AM11/17/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I want to use BackColor to change the background of my setup window, but it has no function. The background is always white.

Here is a simple example script created by the wizard of Inno Script studio. What do I have to do to get a gay background even with WizardStyle=modern?

Inno Setup 6.2.0

; Script generated by the Inno Script Studio Wizard.

; SEE THE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS ON CREATING INNO SETUP SCRIPT FILES!

#define MyAppName "My Program"

#define MyAppVersion "1.5"

#define MyAppPublisher "My Company, Inc."

#define MyAppURL "http://www.example.com/"

#define MyAppExeName "MyProg.exe"

[Setup]

; NOTE: The value of AppId uniquely identifies this application.

; Do not use the same AppId value in installers for other applications.

; (To generate a new GUID, click Tools | Generate GUID inside the IDE.)

AppId={{778BC965-4639-42FD-9867-FB3AA132F898}

AppName={#MyAppName}

AppVersion={#MyAppVersion}

;AppVerName={#MyAppName} {#MyAppVersion}

AppPublisher={#MyAppPublisher}

AppPublisherURL={#MyAppURL}

AppSupportURL={#MyAppURL}

AppUpdatesURL={#MyAppURL}

DefaultDirName={pf}\{#MyAppName}

DefaultGroupName={#MyAppName}

OutputBaseFilename=setup

Compression=lzma

SolidCompression=yes

WizardStyle=modern

BackSolid=yes

BackColor=clSilver

[Languages]

Name: "english"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Default.isl"

[Tasks]

Name: "desktopicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateDesktopIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags: unchecked

[Files]

Source: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\Examples\MyProg.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion

; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[Icons]

Name: "{group}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\{#MyAppExeName}"

Name: "{commondesktop}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\{#MyAppExeName}"; Tasks: desktopicon

[Run]

Filename: "{app}\{#MyAppExeName}"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,{#StringChange(MyAppName, '&', '&&')}}"; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

isyControl Software

Nov 17, 2021, 8:42:52 AM11/17/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com

Please ignore my last  eMail. I found out the BackColur refers to that old Win3.1-Style Setup whith a clue background on the whole monitor.

Sorry

freundliche Grüße

isyControl Software
Dipl.-Ing. Burkhard Schneider
Notburgaweg 12a
D-85445 Oberding
Tel. +49 (0) 8122 / 22 93 44
Fax +49 (0) 8122 / 22 93 45
www.isycontrol.de
in...@isycontrol.de

Message has been deleted

Jernej Simončič

Nov 17, 2021, 8:47:06 AM11/17/21
to isyControl Software on [innosetup]

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 14:32:27, isyControl Software wrote:

BackSolid=yes

BackColor=clSilver

These settings only affect the background window shown if [Setup] directive WindowVisible is set to yes (and I'm surprised this hasn't been removed yet).

If you want to change the wizard window background, you'll have to use [Code].

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

She who is silent consents.
       -- Italian Proverb

Burkhard Schneider

Nov 18, 2021, 3:26:37 AM11/18/21
to innosetup
Thank you for the advice with the [Code]

I now do this and it works perfect for me:

procedure InitializeWizard;
var i:integer;
    NoteBook:TNewNoteBook;
begin
  NoteBook:=WizardForm.WelcomePage.NoteBook; // don't know how to get access to the Notebook instance otherwise
  for i:=0 to NoteBook.PageCount - 1 do
    NoteBook.Pages[i].Color:=$F5F2F7;
end;

Jernej Simončič

Nov 18, 2021, 5:21:41 AM11/18/21
to Burkhard Schneider on [innosetup]

On Thursday, November 18, 2021, 09:26:36, Burkhard Schneider wrote:

  NoteBook:=WizardForm.WelcomePage.NoteBook; // don't know how to get access to the Notebook instance otherwise
  for i:=0 to NoteBook.PageCount - 1 do
    NoteBook.Pages[i].Color:=$F5F2F7;
Just WizardForm.WelcomePage.NoteBook.Pages[i].Color:=$f5f2f7; should work.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time.
       -- Abrams's Advice