uninstall registry entries

Dániel Tóth

Apr 3, 2024, 2:22:01 AMApr 3
to innosetup
Hi,

is it possible to put the uninstall registry entries to HKLM, instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Thanks for the answer!

Regards,
Daniel

Jernej Simončič

Apr 3, 2024, 5:25:39 AMApr 3
to Dániel Tóth on [innosetup]

On Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:21:10, Dániel Tóth wrote:

is it possible to put the uninstall registry entries to HKLM, instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Thanks for the answer!

This is the default; Inno will only place uninstall entry to HKCU if you changed PrivilegesRequired.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Go where the money is.
       -- Sutton's Law

Dániel Tóth

Apr 22, 2024, 3:37:51 AMApr 22
to innosetup
Thank you for the answer! Is it possible to let the user run the installer without admin privileges, but still be able to install keys in HKLM?
Thanks!

Jernej Simončič

Apr 22, 2024, 10:03:38 AMApr 22
to Dániel Tóth on [innosetup]

On Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:37:45, Dániel Tóth wrote:

Thank you for the answer! Is it possible to let the user run the installer without admin privileges, but still be able to install keys in HKLM?

No, that would be a security violation. HKLM in Registry and Program Files and Windows on the system drive are locations that can only be written to by elevated user accounts.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Build a system that any fool can use and only a fool will use it.
       -- Fifth Rule on Fools

Dániel Tóth

Apr 23, 2024, 3:59:43 AMApr 23
to innosetup
Understand. What if I want admin users to have the capability to install keys in HKLM, but for the non-admin users just install to HKCU?
According to this:
I have to decide between full-admin and absolutely no admin.

Martijn Laan

Apr 23, 2024, 5:42:35 AMApr 23
to innosetup
Follow the link at the bottom of that help topic and also see the Example3.iss example script.

Greetings,
Martijn Laan