Errore Innosetup Version 6,2,1

a.cim...@alice.it

May 12, 2022, 2:56:43 PM5/12/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Using Inno Setup 6.2.1 I get the following error when compiling:

*** Starting compile. [20:49:32]

Preprocessing
Reading file: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Inno Setup 6 \ ISPPBuiltins.iss
Parsing [Setup] section, line 12
Parsing [Setup] section, line 13
Parsing [Setup] section, line 14
Parsing [Setup] section, line 16
Parsing [Setup] section, line 17
Parsing [Setup] section, line 18
Parsing [Setup] section, line 19
Parsing [Setup] section, line 20
Parsing [Setup] section, line 21
Parsing [Setup] section, line 23
Parsing [Setup] section, line 24
Parsing [Setup] section, line 27
Parsing [Setup] section, line 28
Parsing [Setup] section, line 29
Parsing [Setup] section, line 30
Parsing [Setup] section, line 31
Reading file (InfoBeforeFile)
Reading file (InfoAfterFile)
Reading file (WizardImageFile)
Reading file (WizardSmallImageFile)
Preparing Setup program executable
Updating version info (SETUP.E32)
*** Compile aborted.
And the following dialog box is displayed:
Compiler error X unable to access the file. The file is being used by another process.
Thank you and look forward to your kind suggestion.
Alberto Cimaroli
a.cim...@alice.it

Jernej Simončič

May 12, 2022, 3:25:53 PM5/12/22
to a.cimaroli@alice.it on [innosetup]

On Thursday, May 12, 2022, 20:56:41, a.cim...@alice.it wrote:

Compiler error X unable to access the file. The file is being used by another process.

Try turning off your antivirus while compiling the setup.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Never characterize the importance of a statement in advance.
       -- (Charles) Ross's Law

Gavin Lambert

May 12, 2022, 7:14:26 PM5/12/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com
On 13/05/2022 07:25, Jernej Simončič wrote:
> On Thursday, May 12, 2022, 20:56:41, a.cim...@alice.it wrote:
>
> Compiler error X unable to access the file. The file is being used
> by another process.
>
> Try turning off your antivirus while compiling the setup.

Or just adding the output directory to your excluded folders.

Though I would still recommend running your final installer through
VirusTotal manually before uploading it -- not only to ensure you're not
accidentally distributing a virus that managed to get onto your system,
but also to detect false positives before your users do.

a.cim...@alice.it

May 13, 2022, 6:21:34 AM5/13/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com

May 13, 2022, 6:50:56 AM5/13/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Some code into your script that broke your compiler operation?

Try posting your source code, We can examine it for non compatible lines of code.

Alessandro Marinuzzi

May 13, 2022, 7:02:09 AM5/13/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com
It seems that you did open one of the files inside your compiler zone into your PC. Some file is locked by another process, eg. A text file open in notepad? Or in explorer?

Alessandro Marinuzzi

May 13, 2022, 7:08:13 AM5/13/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Simple tip: open task manager and look into process list to discover if there are process that are locking your files.

Inviato da smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Eivind Bakkestuen

May 16, 2022, 7:38:40 PM5/16/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com
It is almost always caused by antivirus/malware application. Exclude the output directory from scanning.

Laurent Combémorel

May 17, 2022, 3:30:01 AM5/17/22
to innosetup
And always close any Windows Explorer window opened on the output directory !