Error: "The system cannot find the file specified."

Rutuja Deshmukh

Jun 18, 2024, 8:42:48 AMJun 18
to innosetup
Hello Team,

I am facing an error since last few weeks on my 3 different machines.
It says "The system cannot find the file specified." when try to run iscc command on .iss files. I am using matlab 2017a to run inno setup.

Even it is showing the same error for the example files present inside the 'inno Setup 5_5_9\Examples\' folder path
I was able to run INNO on my .iss file before 2 months. I am not sure why it is showing this error now. I have not changed anything on my windows 10 machine.
Below is the error for Example1.iss file given inside inno setup folder. Please find the attached snap.

 >> system('iscc Example1.iss', '-echo')
Inno Setup 5 Command-Line Compiler
Copyright (C) 1997-2016 Jordan Russell. All rights reserved.
Portions Copyright (C) 2000-2016 Martijn Laan
Inno Setup Preprocessor
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Alex Yackimoff. All rights reserved.

ans =

     2

Please consider this query on high priority and provide the support at earliest.
Thank You!
inno error Example1.PNG

Gavin Lambert

Jun 19, 2024, 12:59:54 AMJun 19
to innosetup
On Wednesday, June 19, 2024 at 12:42:48 AM UTC+12 Rutuja Deshmukh wrote:
I am facing an error since last few weeks on my 3 different machines.
It says "The system cannot find the file specified." when try to run iscc command on .iss files. I am using matlab 2017a to run inno setup.

Even it is showing the same error for the example files present inside the 'inno Setup 5_5_9\Examples\' folder path
I was able to run INNO on my .iss file before 2 months. I am not sure why it is showing this error now. I have not changed anything on my windows 10 machine.

If you're sure that the files involved really do exist, then usually the culprit is a rogue anti-virus software or similar that gets upset with the way that it compiles an exe file.

Especially if you've installed or upgraded an anti-virus or similar file-scanning package in that timeframe, consider adding the output directory to your excluded folders.  (Though if you do so, it's good practice to manually scan the resulting files before uploading them anywhere else, just in case.)