a way to configure multiple commands into signing

Nathan smith

Dec 1, 2021, 8:29:04 AM12/1/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Currently I have set up a sign command to use signtool that signs both
my .exe and my install file.

Unfortunately though the command line window flashes up so quick, I can
never tell (without going into properties) whether it completed the
process or through an error and closed. I was wondering if there is a
way to configure the sign tool feature of ino to have multiple commands
so that it could, for instance, sign, and then hold until enter is pressed?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Gavin Lambert

Dec 1, 2021, 5:54:51 PM12/1/21
to inno...@googlegroups.com
On 2/12/2021 02:29, Nathan smith wrote:
> Unfortunately though the command line window flashes up so quick, I can
> never tell (without going into properties) whether it completed the
> process or through an error and closed. I was wondering if there is a
> way to configure the sign tool feature of ino to have multiple commands
> so that it could, for instance, sign, and then hold until enter is pressed?

Inno will actually check if the file is signed after calling the
signtool, and will produce a compiler error if it isn't. (You can test
this by setting your signtool to pass an incorrect parameter or something.)

So there isn't really any need to do what you're asking -- and it's not
a good idea if you're intending to have automated builds at some point.

But if you still want to run multiple commands anyway, you can just set
it to a batch script.