Using Netfabb tips and tuto

gael langevin

Mar 9, 2013, 3:19:07 PM3/9/13
to inm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have been asked many times on how to re-print a STL but without some of its content.
Let say you have printed "Index3" STL and only one part printed okay, now you want to only print the other parts.
Here is how to do it very easily with Netfabb free basic version.
Download Netfabb (that's obvious, lol)
Open your STL in Netfabb:

Left Click the red cross, this is the fonction for fixing parts.

Left Click on select shell.

Left Click on the part you want to remove. (the one you don't want to print again)

Left Click on remove selected triangles. The part will disappear.

Left Click on apply now, and in the open box, choose "YES"

Select the tab "Part" and export as STL

Left click OK. The modified part will be placed in the same folder than the original STL, with the name "Index3(repaired).STL"

That's it you are ready to GO!

Amby Ambroise

Mar 9, 2013, 5:52:15 PM3/9/13
to inm...@googlegroups.com
thank you so much gael i just looking for how i can do it
super nice

gael langevin

Mar 9, 2013, 6:49:13 PM3/9/13
to inm...@googlegroups.com
@thanks amby
I forgot to mention that this can also be very usefull if you don't want to print my anti-warps or pre-support in a STL file. Specially for the one that use PLA.

Sebastian Schocke

Mar 11, 2013, 5:42:32 AM3/11/13
to inm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gael... worked perfectly... would never have thought to look under the Repair option

gael langevin

Dec 21, 2022, 5:58:28 AM12/21/22
to InMoov
Hello all,
Here is a new link for the free Netfabb version on Github.