I2Head Jaw Piston Size

Josh Ansbridge

Apr 21, 2024, 12:29:47 PMApr 21
to InMoov
Hello,

I'm just assembling the i2head and Jaw, but for some reason the JawPistonNoSupportV1 doesn't seem to fit. The image on the construction guides shows a square block, but the STL is a long bar - presumably from the old jaw. However it isn't wide enough to reach across both sides of the jaw currently.

Has anyone else come across this issue yet? / am I missing an updated STL for the piston?

Screenshot 2024-04-21 172818.png

Screenshot 2024-04-21 172919.png

Thank you in advance

Josh

Josh Ansbridge

Apr 28, 2024, 6:21:01 AMApr 28
to InMoov
For anyone else looking, I couldn't find the official one so have modelled my own version.

Not perfect I'm afraid as am new to blender, but seems to fit ok and works for me.

Split the Screw out of the STL in your slicer and print at 90% scale to get a smooth fit.

Best way to learn..

JawScrew.stl

gael langevin

Apr 29, 2024, 1:35:32 PMApr 29
to Josh Ansbridge, InMoov
Hello,
I am glad you found a solution by modifying the stl.
The current STL is the proper size and normally should fit,
but something in your build must have added a few millimeters on each side of the jawHinge.

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov