First skin for Head v2 - problems, thoughts, ideas

Pawel Wr

Apr 26, 2024, 2:46:07 PMApr 26
to InMoov
Hello crazy people :)

first of all - you can see current progress om my Inmoov on Instagram @Robot_Zofia

So finally I have gathered all things, printed form and had a lot of fun with silicone.
See photos.

Gael - great work !!!!  Also all previous things.

Unlickily, there is not so much explained so mostly is a experimental attempt.
First important issue is minimum silicone volume to prepare.
Gael says 500g but seems that is around 600g minimum needed.
I had very little leakages from form and ears and top of the skull is not good as I wanted.

Second issue - but not checked deeply - seems that my skin is too thick to see any emotions - but it is also possible that I cannot settle it in right position due to missing material - this will be checked after second attempt.

Color is bad - but this is not an issue - I have received silicone with this color.

Will update this post after some additional actions soon.

IMG_3318.jpg
IMG_3328.jpg
IMG_3320.jpg
IMG_3340.jpg
IMG_3333.jpg

gael langevin

Apr 29, 2024, 10:56:37 AMApr 29
to Pawel Wr, InMoov
Hello,
Great input!
It seems the linkage made you loose enough material to the point you couldn't fill the complete mold.
It is necessary to use car filler to fill all the printed lines (both outer and inner molds) because chances are that some of the silicone is going through your printed parts.
Also using the car filler adds a thin layer all over the molds surfaces reducing the thickness of the skin and the amount of silicone used.

Hopefully your next attempt will be the perfect one!!

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov