How strong is the 12*12*12 requirement for the 3D printer? And is this in inches?

alexand...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2021, 9:59:45 AM7/11/21
to InMoov
Hi!

I am looking forward buying 3D printer, but mostly I have small size (4.5^3 or 8^3 inch) printers available for my budget.

My questions are:
1) is 12^3 defined in inches? It is quite large. Maybe this definition is in cm?

2) what can be build with smaller printer? E.g. Maybe I can use my own printer for my smaller parts but occassionally rely on external printing for the few largest parts? E.g. maybe arms can be build with smaller printer only?

What is your experience.
Alex

alexand...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2021, 10:17:36 AM7/11/21
to InMoov
I just bought this printer:
Will it be OK? Size seems to be acceptable.

Dave B.

Jul 12, 2021, 12:15:56 PM7/12/21
to InMoov
I would think that would be fine.   I've printed everything for my Inmoov  Including a full 1 piece face  on a Creality Ender 3 Pro  which has a 220 x220 bed  I'm not sure about the legs.   If they are too big I can always split the STL into multiple parts.

Dave

Alexander Niggemann

Jul 14, 2021, 3:33:26 PM7/14/21
to InMoov
Hi I use a Bibo 3d printer which definitely has the right dimensions for printing out the legs and a closed space. If you want to use ABS as filament, your printer will not work without a closed installation space. I've already printed out my entire inmoov with it. In the meantime I also sell amazon returns in Germany directly from the manufacturer in china of the bibo3d tested and in very good mostly unused condition. https://www.ebay.de/itm/194109523647?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=707-53477-19255-0&campid=5338624525&toolid=10001&customid=abce9e8686886ed6e687f31e54c68cb6

maybe you will find a supplier in your country who may sell this printer used? Best regards Alex

Shido Xen

Jul 27, 2021, 10:37:48 AM7/27/21
to InMoov
The original designs Gael made to work with fairly small printers. (120mmx120mmx120mm) Though printers keep getting larger for cheaper and generally you are okay with almost any sized printer now a days. Some of the later parts require larger than the original 12cmx12cmx12cm. A few parts of the leg for example. Most machines can handle just about any Inmoov (Gael designed) part you throw at it. Some of the mods for merged parts etc from thingiverse would be questionable depending on the bed size.

Ray Edgley

Jul 28, 2021, 3:44:44 AM7/28/21
to InMoov
The 12 x 12 x 12 is in Centimetres.
That equates to around 4.73 inches cubed.
If your build volume is that big, then every part (excluding the legs) will fit.

I built all of my Inmoov using a 200 x 200 x 200 printer including the legs.
Thats 8" x 8" x 8"

Ray