Start-up problem.

Jose Boada albo

Sep 26, 2021, 8:11:11 AM9/26/21
to InMoov
Hello.

I was working with version myrobotlab.1.0.2693.9 and it always went well for me.
It has been a long time since I had the robot stopped and I wanted to reconnect it but without success.

I have downloaded the version myrobotlab.1.0.2693.16. and it seems to me that the problem is the same.

When connecting Star Inmoov in Full mode WITHOUT CONNECTING THE .COMXX PORTS, everything works perfectly and the entire program is displayed.

When I try to make the connection in any port of the 3 / RIGHT-LEFT OR NEO PIXEL, myrobotlab closes.

Has anyone run into the same problem.? Thanks.

gael langevin

Sep 27, 2021, 6:32:28 PM9/27/21
to Jose Boada albo, InMoov
Hello,
Are you sure your PC has a java 7 or 8 version?
Did you upload the proper MRLComm.ino on your Arduino boards?

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov

Jose Boada albo

Sep 28, 2021, 5:35:20 PM9/28/21
to InMoov
Hi Gael.
Java Version 8 update 301.
C / mrl / Myrobotlab 1.02693.16 / resurce / Arduino / Mrl Comm / MrlComm.ino.

With IDE 1.8.4 the IDE 1.8.16 gives an error.
As I already told you, everything is perfect until I connect any of the 3 plates, 2 MEGAS and 1 ONE (NEOPIXEL). I have tested the standalone boards and they work fine.
Tested on the robot's computer and also on the pc. and it does the same to me. I will not go away trying to uninstall and reinstall if by chance it works. I will inform you if I have any progress.
Greetings from Catalonia, we saw each other the last time at the Perpignan fair and another at the Barcelona fair.

gael langevin

Sep 29, 2021, 2:54:13 AM9/29/21
to Jose Boada albo, InMoov
Hello,
This is odd.
Did you maybe copy/paste your old configs into the version 2693.16 ?
The configs files are not the same between the two versions.
But as you say the pb was already happening with the older version.
I would try to narrow down the issue by setting all configs to "False" in "Full mode" and then re_activate one config at the time.
My first guess is the Neopixel arduino causing your problem, but it could be also caused by some hardware malfunction.

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov

Shido Xen

Sep 29, 2021, 9:35:12 AM9/29/21
to InMoov
Perhaps give JAVA 8 v202 a try. I experimented with a handful of java versions with manticore this year and that seemed to be the most stable for me. "jre-8u202-windows-x64.exe"
Javasnip.PNG
I believe if memory serves me right there was two versions of u202. One of the over 100mb, and this 75mb file.   You want the 75mb one as the large one also was wonky.

That will work well with manticore  (myrobotlab.1.0.2693.16).   All servo functions / facetracking etc seem to run fine so you can run gestures and play with the bot no problem.

There is one issue with his chatbot that will cause him to freeze up strangely if asked certain  "Who/what/where/etc" questions, but very easy to work around. IF that happens, click on your black "CMD" window that opens in the background of MRL and hit enter. That will bypass it. It is important to do this because if you do not he will remain frozen with all inputs still entered but more or less remaining in limbo until you hit enter and it will try to execute them all at once trying to catch up following when you hit enter or close the CMD window. :9

Another way around it is to just close the cmd window all together, but keep in mind anything you do inside of MRL will not be saved if doing so. But you will be able to play around. I generally keep it open and hit enter if it happens. I don't run into the issue too often either and generally I edit all my aiml files and gestures outside of MRL with it shutdown in notepad anyway. :)

Let me know if that works for you, or if for some reason you can't come across the 75mb version and I can upload it somewhere. Happy Inmooving. :)

Jose Boada albo

Sep 29, 2021, 6:00:41 PM9/29/21
to InMoov
Hello good evening.
I have restarted myrobotlab.1.0.2693.16 again. changing the language and setting the setting to Full.
The Neopixel set to False and with a basic scketch for neopixel working independently of Mrl.Comm and in the service_6_Arduino the corresponding ports MyRightPort = COM3 MyLeftPort = COM13. loading the last Mrl.Comm.ino to the plates.
I have left only the Megas boards ...... without connecting any cables.

    If in service_6_Arduino I do not put the port number, everything is loaded perfectly, telling me that it has a problem in port com 3 and com13 to check it, and when connecting any of the ports in myrobotlab everything closes again.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry .... I'm going to relax and tomorrow will be another day.
I'll be testing Shidoti so I can do all my tests.

Greetings.

Jose Boada albo

Oct 2, 2021, 12:37:42 AM10/2/21
to InMoov
SOLVED, FANTASTIC.

So many hours spent looking for a sign of error or misconnection. Thank you very much Shidoti for the information, you hit the nail on the head, all the problem came from the java ....... this works ... "jre-8u202-windows-x64.exe". This version 202 solved all the problems for me. The question is to know how long it will work and to interpret that the problem may come again from Java and the version used.

  Thanks thanks.

Shido Xen

Oct 2, 2021, 10:23:07 AM10/2/21
to InMoov
Nice! Good to hear that you are up and running.   That version of java combined with that version of manticore has been working for me fine since I tested various things out errr..... can't remember when, but earlier in the year I believe. I would expect it will keep running the current way it is for a long time so not a big thing to worry about. :)