New Inmoov build, with I2Head and female body remix.

ludovic moreau

Jun 10, 2024, 3:25:53 AMJun 10
to InMoov
HI Everyone

I'm juste starting the building of my inmoov. I was looking for Gael progress for years, but the new I2Head convince me to start printing it!

I have access since a few week to a Bambulab X1, in replacement of our old Ultimaker, and the quality of printing and the multi color option push me to try some new thing!

So first part I try to print was the Jaw, with a red PLA (more like meat color) with white teeth. The results was so nice that I quickly print the other parts of the head.

I now working on the body, in order to remix it in a more femal look.

Here is some picture of how it looks today:

IMG_1907.JPG
CF0D0555-123E-4AAA-BA03-AFD1CB5CBDF2.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_2037.JPG

ludovic moreau

Jun 10, 2024, 3:30:57 AMJun 10
to InMoov
Actually, I 'm working on the master/slave servo configuration for the hips, and get some questions : when I switch on the servo, the rotate without stopping. I try to rotate manuallay the potentiometer, in order to find the centrer position and make them stop, but without success, did  miss someting?

IMG_2082.JPGIMG_2083.JPG

Another question on the neck, actually, The two piston are identicall, and I have to modifiy the servo to a master and slave configuration, as reversing one of the servo wires.
But can I keep the servo as they are, and print one piston in  miror? (so no reverse wiring needed)? A master and slave configuration is really mandatory? or two standard servos can do the job without issues?

IMG_2076.JPG

Josh Ansbridge

Jun 12, 2024, 2:24:41 AMJun 12
to InMoov

Hello,

Nice to see there are others out there in the early stages of the build too. I'm in the same boat and had similar questions too as it feels fairly destructive to tear down new servos (which aren't cheap and are quite hard to source), but I've followed the tutorials for now and have done as suggested. All of the servos for the stomach seem to do as desired when not under load, however I'm having issues when the whole body is reassembled and then the waist only turns in one direction too. Haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet but must either be 1. Too much resistance from the parts not being smooth enough, insufficient power supply (Although unlikely now as have switched to batteries for now), an issue with the Pot. I may switch out for a metal one I have from a sensor kit as a next step there. I'd love to be able to just pull that sensor data back to the arduino and skip over the servo board, but haven't got deep enough into MRL yet to understand how to read the sensor and cause an action on the servos. It is all pretty time consuming so will be a long journey for me at least.

Will follow to see if you solve it first or will post if I get the waist issue resolved.

Good luck,

Josh

gael langevin

Jun 17, 2024, 5:48:24 AMJun 17
to Josh Ansbridge, InMoov
Really nice prints with the BambuLab.
I am a bit late here, you probably have resolved your issues by now.

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov

ludovic moreau

Jun 17, 2024, 6:06:23 AMJun 17
to gael langevin, Josh Ansbridge, InMoov
Hi Gael

Thanks for your reply

Actually, Issues are not solved yet, as I'm working on a remix of a monopart top skull, more pictures to come:

image.png
image.png

Regarding the master and slave configuration for hips servos, I have to connect them to my arduino and test it. I'm fearing a bit what will happen 😅
I don't understand how the potentiometer will "know" he is in a center position, as I wasn't able to find it as making the servo rotating "in the air".
I will keep a hand nere the alimention wire 😁

Regarding the neck piston, I'm trying to print on of them in miror, in order not to have to se the master and slave configuration. I plan to connect them with a Y wire, testing coming by this week.

gael langevin

Jun 17, 2024, 8:36:44 AMJun 17
to ludovic moreau, Josh Ansbridge, InMoov
Interesting pictograms for the skull !
This is only possible nowadays with the recent printer accuracy or with UV resin printing.
The servo will "know" it's position, just like it "knows" its position when the pot is inside the casing.
It will rotate as the servo moves, finding the defined position in the software.
The only problem you can encounter is if the wires polarity on the potentiometer is inverted.
In that case it will keep rotating instead of stopping at the defined position in the software.
Keep the power shutdown at hand during tests.

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov

lmor...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2024, 3:18:18 AMJun 18
to inm...@googlegroups.com
Here is some News, the first love test using a remote controller. Some ugly noise to fixe, but this is a start!

Vidéo.mov
image0.jpeg
image.png
image.png

Josh Ansbridge

Jun 18, 2024, 8:55:17 AMJun 18
to InMoov
That's pretty awesome with the controller motion! And it seems you have the neck working without hacking the servos too?  Can you 'record' the commands sent using the controller and play those back as automation sequences?

My front neck piston makes that noise too, the back of it seems to catch on the throat, I guess the original pivot throat didn't so may switch it over to confirm when I switch the heads.

Not sure where the speakers now go with the i2 head, the face mask has ears so will have to move the speaks I guess!

Love the skull too :)

ludovic moreau

Jun 18, 2024, 9:03:29 AMJun 18
to Josh Ansbridge, InMoov
Hi Josh

No hacking on the neck piston, I use two similar servo, and reprint one piston in miror, so when they turn in the same direction, one goes up, and the other goes down.
Since there is no need to remove the potentiometer, I prefer this set up.

I can't send you the commands, because I don't use any 😅 I plug the servo connectors on an old remote controller I use for RC planes and boat, and play with it, just for testing purpose.
My arduino wires are on there way, so I will have to go into arduino set up soon!

Josh Ansbridge

Jun 18, 2024, 9:32:24 AMJun 18
to lmor...@gmail.com, inm...@googlegroups.com

Ah I see, so you've not set the servo limits etc if using the servo controller without the Arduino. Perhaps that's some of the noise too.

Nice work with the mirrored prints :)

gael langevin

Jun 18, 2024, 1:44:15 PMJun 18
to Josh Ansbridge, lmor...@gmail.com, inm...@googlegroups.com
Very nice moves in the video!
For info myrobotlab can use joystick inputs, which means you can use any kind of controller with a usb stick or wire and control the robot.
Really nice prints for the skull, the details come out pretty well!

From my iPhone, Gael

ludovic moreau

Jun 21, 2024, 2:41:07 AMJun 21
to InMoov
I get some issues starting with Myrobotlab, I just can't install it 😭
As launching the .BAt file, I get this and can't go further....

2024-06-21 08_40_17-Window.png

How do I fix this?

gael langevin

Jun 27, 2024, 2:53:49 PMJun 27
to ludovic moreau, InMoov
Hello,
You must have some corrupted dependancies.
Make sure in Windows to show the hidden folders.
Then go into C:/users/{yourName}/
And delete the directory .ivy2 which is the cache folder of myrobotlab. It will be automatically regenerated when you re-install myrobotlab.
That should solve your problem.

From my iPhone, Gael

Le 21 juin 2024 à 08:41, ludovic moreau <lmor...@gmail.com> a écrit :

I get some issues starting with Myrobotlab, I just can't install it 😭

Todd Graham

Jun 27, 2024, 3:40:08 PMJun 27
to gael langevin, ludovic moreau, InMoov
Ludovic....Was this on the 1.1.1529 build?   If so, please try the newer release posted.   I had the same problem only with 1529.