thinking of doing this as a joint venture

James Hodds

Aug 20, 2021, 12:36:20 PM8/20/21
to InMoov
Now I know noting on this at all. But I did read some where it's not necessary to. build and have a inmoov working as you go.

How ever my son is the computer person in my family so it's a joint project but mainly his project. Luke (my son) wanted to go to University and work in AI But missed his place by a A*. Anyway Long story short I still think he has what it takes to do what he wants to end up doing But he is talking about dropping out for a year on a apprenticeship  coding and testing chips and board, But I know my son "he will never go back to University.
I for one also think he spends to much time playing D&D, elder scrolls and yapping to his friends.
but I live in Rugby and he is at Uni down south.

So I thought I would start making this inmoov and he would see when he come home and want to help and get excited about keep on learning at Uni.
He has no money trouble as we pay for all his stuff.
But if I go in to him and point this all out he will do the opposite and quit.

So a couple of things I need to know first before I start this project.
What Hardware is needed for this ( I am only going to start with the head plus neck first) I know it requires servo's and a 3d printer (I have a elegoo Mars pro 2( this was bought for me for my birthday)) I will buy a bigger printer if needed
I have Arduino some where and a Pi 3b around doing nothing

So what else is needed

A father looking forward to add a new spark to my son's life
James

gael langevin

Aug 20, 2021, 4:54:08 PM8/20/21
to James Hodds, InMoov
Hello and welcome,
You sure are going for a trip into learning things, may your son join and follow you!
Somehow you have almost all what is needed to start.
You can find a list of necessary hardware in this link:

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov