i2Head: STL Files GearHolderV3, FaceHolderRightV5 and FaceHolderLeftV5

Ralf

May 28, 2024, 4:23:25 AMMay 28
to InMoov
Hi

My name is Ralf. I want to assemble the i2Head.
I downloaded the STL files and printed them.
Problems with GearHolder, FaceHolderRight and FaceHolderLeft.

https://inmoov.fr/inmoov-stl-parts-viewer/?bodyparts=i2Head
Download GearHolderV3.stl
Download FaceHolderLeftV5.stl
Download FaceHolderRightV5.stl

GearHolder is not correct. See photos...
Can you help me or change the STL files.
Thanks
011.jpg
022.jpgBest regards from Germany
Ralf

gael langevin

Jun 6, 2024, 5:00:05 AMJun 6
to Ralf, InMoov
Hello,
It seems your printer is over extruding, making each part wider than the original files.
As a result, you cannot assemble the parts together.
Did you use the calibrator.stl to calibrate your printer as I warmly recommend in my tutorials.

As you can see in the image below all the holes on the file are bigger than what you have printed.
Capture d’écran 2024-06-06 105340.png
Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov

Josh Ansbridge

Jun 12, 2024, 2:51:06 AMJun 12
to InMoov
And just to confirm the default files do print well without modification, I happened to have the i2 head I front of me at a stage to share a photo:
20240612_074829.jpg

gael langevin

Jun 17, 2024, 5:50:29 AMJun 17
to Josh Ansbridge, InMoov