Lower strength hand servos

Liam Brown

Sep 13, 2021, 3:31:24 PM9/13/21
to InMoov
Hello all,

I am a high school student building the hand and forearm as a school project, rather than the entire robot. For demonstration purposes and simple hand movements, would servos like these be usable rather than the more expensive, more powerful counterparts listed on the website? Thank you!

gael langevin

Sep 13, 2021, 6:42:46 PM9/13/21
to Liam Brown, InMoov
Hello,
Those servos are too small in size and torque to operate the hand.
You can look for these servos: JX PDI-6221M, they are a bit cheap and good quality.

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov

Le lun. 13 sept. 2021 à 21:31, Liam Brown <lmbr...@cps.edu> a écrit :
Hello all,

I am a high school student building the hand and forearm as a school project, rather than the entire robot. For demonstration purposes and simple hand movements, would servos like these be usable rather than the more expensive, more powerful counterparts listed on the website? Thank you!

Freddycheeba

Sep 13, 2021, 7:43:09 PM9/13/21
to inm...@googlegroups.com

The servos your linked are comparable to a "Turnigy" / Tower Pro MG90D / MG90S but are more expensive. They are physically smaller than the ones you are looking for, so unless you are also trying to scale down the arm or redesign the forearm....

I think you can use TowerPro MG945/MG946/MG995/MG996R (already used for wrist, prone to burning under load which is why the HK15298B was chosen instead  for hand IIRC) or similar.

Just beware of cheap servos on amazon and aliexpress. They are never genuine and a real crapshoot from what I hear.