iniparse-0.4 released

Paramjit Oberoi

Jun 12, 2010, 1:14:32 PM6/12/10
to iniparse...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce the release of iniparse-0.4. This release
contains major bugfixes and a small but subtle API change:

* INIConfig objects can be pickled using the latest pickle protocol.
This also fixes multiprocessing issues. In general, the handling of
__special__ methods should be much better now.

* Square bracket syntax will auto-add missing attributes now. Earlier
it used to raise a KeyError exception. If you were relying on the
exception to check whether an attribute was defined, you need to
change your code to use the 'in' operator.

iniparse can be downloaded from google code or PyPI:
http://code.google.com/p/iniparse/downloads/detail?name=iniparse-0.4.tar.gz
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/i/iniparse/iniparse-0.4.tar.gz

-param

Tim Lauridsen

Jun 13, 2010, 8:18:27 AM6/13/10
to iniparse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I have updated the Fedora Packages for F12, F13 & Rawhide, they will hit the repositories at next push

Tim

haizaar

Jun 14, 2010, 1:49:24 AM6/14/10
to iniparse-discuss
Thank you very much for your work. This project is great and I really
enjoy using it!

On Jun 12, 8:14 pm, Paramjit Oberoi <psobe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the release of iniparse-0.4.  This release
> contains major bugfixes and a small but subtle API change:
>
> * INIConfig objects can be pickled using the latest pickle protocol.
> This also fixes multiprocessing issues.  In general, the handling of
> __special__ methods should be much better now.
>
> * Square bracket syntax will auto-add missing attributes now.  Earlier
> it used to raise a KeyError exception.  If you were relying on the
> exception to check whether an attribute was defined, you need to
> change your code to use the 'in' operator.
>
> iniparse can be downloaded from google code or PyPI:http://code.google.com/p/iniparse/downloads/detail?name=iniparse-0.4....http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/i/iniparse/iniparse-0.4.tar.gz
>
> -param

Ludovico Cavedon

Jun 14, 2010, 4:09:15 AM6/14/10
On 06/12/2010 10:14 AM, Paramjit Oberoi wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the release of iniparse-0.4. This release

Thanks for the new version!
I updated the Debian package.

> * Square bracket syntax will auto-add missing attributes now. Earlier
> it used to raise a KeyError exception. If you were relying on the
> exception to check whether an attribute was defined, you need to
> change your code to use the 'in' operator.

Unfortunately this API change is likely to break existing software using
iniparse, therefore I cannot not upload it to unstable until packages
which depend on it are ready.

For those who are interested in the Debian package, they can find it in
experimental [1].

[1] http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/python-iniparse

Cheers,
Ludovico