Release 0.2.1?

Paramjit Oberoi

Aug 3, 2007, 1:37:01 PM8/3/07
to iniparse...@googlegroups.com
Debarshi: Can you confirm that the code with all the fixes works with
YUM? Once you confirm, I'll release 0.2.1

Tim: I noticed that there was some progress on adding the package to
Fedora. Is it done, or are there more steps? Also, what's the process
for an new version?

-param

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray

Aug 3, 2007, 3:22:33 PM8/3/07
to iniparse...@googlegroups.com
> Debarshi: Can you confirm that the code with all the fixes works with
> YUM? Once you confirm, I'll release 0.2.1

Ok. Will try to do it over the weekend.

> Also, what's the process for an new version?

Once you make a new upstream release, the Fedora packager (ie., Tim)
just creates a new package out of it and uploads it. The package
review process through the Bugzilla is only a one time affair and is
not usually necessary for every update that is published.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7
Key server: pgp.mit.edu

Tim Lauridsen

Aug 4, 2007, 2:39:07 AM8/4/07
to iniparse...@googlegroups.com
The package has been review and approved to inclution in Fedora.
It is available in Fedora Extras (FC6), Fedora Updates-Testing (F7),
Rawhide (F8) & EPEL5 (RHEL5 & CentOS5).

The process for new releases is, i upload the new upstream source & and
update the spec in the Fedora Package CVS and request a build.

So a soon as the 0.2.1 is released, i will update it in fedora. I will
be out of town until next sunday, so i will do it then.

Tim

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 10:18:32 PM8/7/07
to iniparse...@googlegroups.com
> Debarshi: Can you confirm that the code with all the fixes works with
> YUM? Once you confirm, I'll release 0.2.1

I think you can make the new release. Preliminary testing seem
indicate that the fix works.