[Slightly OT] LPC on opengameart.org

shirish शिरीष

Apr 21, 2012, 7:58:09 PM4/21/12
to independant-gaming-community
Hi all,
Just a quick info. There is a FOSS art and game contest happening soon
at lpc.opengameart.org

This has been shared and bandied around all on the net but still here
are some links to the news :-

https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/563472-gaming-freedom-with-liberated-pixel-cup-contest

http://wp.me/pfuZu-zS - Yours truly

and quite a few other sites as well.

What's in it for me ?

Well if you have/had either wanted to make a game but didn't have the
art or wanted to make art but didn't have the motivation for it, this
is an opportunity either way.

The first part is basically having art tiles and sprites etc. which
would be happening from 1st of June while the second part is the
programming part where you use the art for the contest to make a game.

What type of game is upto you, it could be anything from a FPS/TPS to
an RPG to a sim to whatever. You could also make an HTML 5
browser-based game if you want to.

The license requirements are pretty simple, the game should be
runnable on FOSS systems and the code be open (you can use Debian DFSG
Guidelines to see which licenses are acceptable).

We/they are currently raising 10k $  to make some beautiful art
especially for the contest as well as to do prizes and all as well as
an incentive. The actual details would be known on the day the contest
starts. The idea is to delay the art style and the programming thing
as long as possible so people do not cheat. The idea is you make the
art or/and the game within the allocated period of 1 month for reach.

Hopefully people use this opportunity to either create some new art
or/and create some new games and share it with people.

If people have any queries/questions direct them on #liberatedpixelcup
on irc.freenode.org using either mibbit.com or your irc client.

Till l8er.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

Yadu Rajiv

Apr 22, 2012, 8:07:11 AM4/22/12
to ing...@googlegroups.com
I am so in!!